Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Utah Trip

Caroline and I just got back from a trip to Utah to visit family.  It was a lot of fun, we got to see a lot of people and we even went to the zoo!  We missed Eli a lot though!  I do not like traveling without him because we miss him way too much! But he had 3 tests to take while we were gone so it was actually good for us to be gone during that time.  It still didn't make the time away from him easier!  Also, while we were there Caroline got a really bad rash/allergy.  We're not sure what it was.  I don't think it was food, because it wasn't anything different.  I think it was either the dry weather, cats, or the pollen in the air.  I definitely did not like having her be sick without Eli there.  I tell him all the time, "I wish you were a doctor already!" Not because he'd be out of school, we'd have money, or he'd be around a little bit more, but because he could diagnose our children and we'd know what was going on and I wouldn't let myself get as freaked out! Anyway, other than that setback, it was great.  Caroline is a pretty good traveler, but she did sleep for 14 hours when we got home to Kentucky.  We were really happy to see Eli though!
Eli's Mom, Grandma, Sister, and cousins.  It was great to see them all!

Caroline thought it was hilarious when Grandpa would throw the ball for the dog

My nieces are still crazy about Caroline!

And the nephews.  I didn't take as many pictures as I should have.  I didn't get any of my other nephews that we saw a lot.  Anyway, this is typical of what my sister Annie's children do with Caroline.


On the zoo train with Grandma.

Our nephew Rustin at the zoo.
 

She liked the carousel at the zoo!




Thanks to everyone we saw!  It was a fun trip!

No comments: