Thursday, June 11, 2009

Best Husband Award #2...




Still goes to Eli. I have to write 2 papers by Monday (but they're the last two papers I will ever have to write for BYU, so it's not too bad). Eli knows that I like to procrastinate (hey, I do my best work at the last minute and it's worked for the past 4 1/2 years so why change now?). During my procrastination period, I ironically get a lot of other work done, especially housework. So, what was Eli doing all day on Monday when I was at work? He cleaned the whole house! I'm talking dusting, vacuum, dishes, putting away laundry, EVERYTHING! He even had dinner started when he picked me up. And then to make it better, on Tuesday he came up with meal plans for us for the next couple weeks and a grocery list and he even came to the grocery store with me, which is an errand and he hates errands. I think I have the best husband ever. He's a sweetie. He's always very helpful and does more than I expect of him, but this week has been a lot and I'm really grateful. We're almost coming up on a year of marriage now, how weird is that? It has gone by quickly! Oh, and an update on the MCAT, Eli moved the date of it, probably to July 2, happy birthday Alaina, and will be taking it then, if the confirmation comes through. He just felt like a couple more weeks of studying would be just the right amount for the score he's hoping for. He's been studying up a storm though. He found the perfect little study cubicle in the library. It's on the same floor as my work and it is away from all computers and other such distractions, but still easy to get to and I can always run over and talk to him on my break. He's going to do great on the MCAT. So, that's our update. I'll be writing a lot of stuff this weekend. I can't wait to be done!! And I'm also starting my job search, so if you hear of anything let me know!
Have a good night!
Cherie

2 comments:

brittany said...

Hooray for amazing husband Eli! I know what you mean about the procrastination. I always pulled all nighters the day before a big paper or test. There is just something about the pressure that really gets the juices flowing, and crazy enough, it was always in a very clean and organized room. What is it about writing papers that makes cleaning so appealing?

Sara said...

HHHEY!! I'm glad I found your blog! I love blog stalking people so I hope you aren't too freaked out. Hope you guys are having a nice summer. We're out in GA at my parents for a couple months and will be back in Provo in the fall. send me your email address to read our blog. Love ya guys.
sara.salmon@gmail.com