Thursday, January 14, 2010

NO MORE BURGERS!!!!

I have awesome news. I no longer have to work at In-N-Out! I got a new job as a teachers aide for a fourth grade class. I love it. My last day at In-N-Out was last Thursday. I don't think it's a big surprise that I did not enjoy that job very much. The people were really nice and it was such a relief to get a job after a long time unemployed, but I'm much happier working a job that I feel as if I am helping to make a difference rather than just getting people burgers. But, the smells of the place always made me sick. So, I really like the school. I'm there from 9-2:30 everyday. I help out in the classroom, do playground supervision for an hour, and then I help some students who need extra help with science. I really like it. It's only been my first week, but I think I'll really like it. So, I give thanks everyday for the new job, I've been really blessed. I feel like I can actually use my degree here, which is nice. I love the kids too. They're really funny, and they like me too, which is good. Well, I've got to go. I'm a temple worker on Thursday nights, which I love, so I have to go get dressed. Thanks everyone.

8 comments:

mk said...

Hooray and congrats on a new job! Sounds a million times better.

Also: Carolyn gave me the baby shower invite that she sent you that came back to her. Might have been because I told her to mail it to Cherie Belcher instead of Mrs. Rhoads? Sorry ... but I have it, and I need to get it to you.

:)

Ronda said...

Cherie- I didn't know you were working in the temple. That is so cool. Way to go on all accounts.

Alainarae said...

I misread your title and I thought it said no more boogers...I thought it was going to be a booger story from some kids at school. If you do get one of those, you should post it! Love you.

Cindy Feuz said...

Good thing you believe in "Science" lol!

~LB said...

OH CHerie woo hoo on the job!

Emily said...

I'm so happy for you! I bet Eli has really rubbed it in your face that you are helping tutor children in science. You should teach them our science rap.

Ashley said...

CHERIE!

I am so excited for you! You definitely are perfect for that job. :) Ohhh, which reminds me, I may be in a 4th grade classroom this semester! :) Anyway, love you and congratulations on everything.

Sara said...

We still haven't made it to in-n-out yet. but now there is no point if you arent there... :(