Monday, December 14, 2009

Okay I was dragging my feet

I don't know why I have such a hard time posting. It seems like a lot of nothing goes on and then all of the sudden a zillion things happen at once. Here is what has been going on lately.
In my life (Cherie) I've been starting at In-n-Out. Sometimes I really like it and other times when I'm training how to chop onions for the tenth time it's not so great, but overall it's a good job. The people I work with are really nice and the customers are happy to be there too. It's good to work in a busy place because there's always something to do. I feel like I'm finally getting a hold on things and even though I can't do everything yet, I can do somethings without supervision well. So, that's the biggest thing for me, starting a new job. It's good to finally have a job, but I kind of got used to not having a job, even though it was semi-depressing to be unemployed, it's nice to be home, but I know I'll get more used to working. I need to!
Eli has been working really hard at school. It's finally finals week, for which I am grateful because it seems like this has been the longest semester ever! I know he's going to do really well on his tests. He hasn't gotten less than an A- on a test all semester! I married such a smart man! I'll be so happy when his finals are over and we'll have a few weeks without the stress of studying and tests hanging over our head and we can watch a movie without guilt because there won't be anything to study!
For the two of us together we have been very busy. For Thanksgiving we were going to go to Mesquite with Eli's parents to visit his aunt, but the day we were going to leave we found out that my grandfather passed away in Missouri. So, instead of heading south, we headed east. We drove out caravan style with Annie and Cindy. It was a long drive, but we arrived on Thanksgiving day to a Belcher Thanksgiving where everyone was there. That hasn't happened in a long time. It was a pretty emotional trip, with Grandpa's funeral. I will miss him very much. I know everyone loves their grandparents but I think I really have the best. Grandpa was a huge part of my life and it's sad to think I won't see him again in this life. But, even though I will miss him I know that I will see him again and I can be hopeful and happy with that knowledge. These past few weeks and the Christmas season has made me even more grateful than ever for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I don't even want to think about what kind of miserable, hopeless world we would be living in if it weren't for Him. I'm sad and I miss Grandpa, but I am happy in the knowledge I have of the next life. It was also a fun trip. We got to see everyone and Eli hasn't been to too many Belcher get-togethers. We got to spend a lot of time together on the drives there and back.
The day we got back from Missouri we started packing up our apartment to move. It took two non-stop days but we did it. We are now living at Eli's parents house. They are so generous and offered us a big bedroom and a chance to save money. We're really liking living here. It's fun to be around family and their house is very nice and comfortable. I love cooking in the kitchen. Two words: double ovens! Going from a tiny oven with one rack to double ovens, each with two racks is heaven! I can make TWO trays of cookies or I can even bake my whole batch of rolls at once. It's pretty much my favorite thing! Dinners can be made more evenly with everything coming out at the same time! It's great!
So, that's about all. I feel like the semester was pretty slow going until November and then it's non-stop! We're really excited for Christmas and the new year! Merry Christmas Everyone!

3 comments:

~LB said...

Merry Christmas Cherie!!!

Alainarae said...

Merry Christmas, Indeed! Love you! (Is not my husband a fine horseman?) :)

Sara said...

I love that you work at in-n-out. We will have to come see you. I'm Sorry about your grandpa, but really glad that you guys made the trek out there to see family. P.S. I loveee that you moved to Eli's parents house. I would love to do that- mostly because of the normal size kitchen and a washer and dryer!!! hahahha. Hope you guys had a nice christmas! We miss seeing you :( Love you!