Monday, November 7, 2011

A Day in the Life of Caroline

Caroline leads a very busy active life.  Here is a photo tour of a day in the life of an eight month old baby (Can you believe she is 8 months old already?  I can't!).First thing when she wakes up after she nurses she has a green smoothie.  This baby loves green smoothies!  I love that she loves them too.

See how happy they make her!

After that it's getting dressed, fixing hair, and playing for a while and then a nap.  After nap it's nursing, and then....

LUNCH!

Today for lunch she had bananas and cereal and a new food.  She had some of my homemade refried beans and she loved them! 




And her other favorite snack is the puff-things. 


After lunch we usually do an activity.  Today we went to a closeby mall we haven't been to yet and walked around.  Then it's another nap, then nursing, then playtime, then dinner time!


While I'm making dinner she likes to snack in the walker.  Todays snack was little crumbs of bread.  She ate almost a whole slice!


Then for dinner she had sweet potatoes, bread, and some of the potato leek soup that I made for me and Eli.  The soup was rather bland for the two of us, but Caroline loved it, so I froze it in ice cube trays for her to eat later. 

After dinner it's bath time and bed time.  Caroline is feeling better now, she was so happy today, especially when Eli came home.  She is back to normal, and feeling good.  She is so much fun to be around. 

After she went to bed I got a chance to pick up.  I bought some kale Saturday night and it was already all wilted this morning.  I didn't want to throw it out, so I tried recutting the ends and sticking it in some water.  It worked and it perked right up!  I think it looks kind of pretty! A cheaper alternative to flowers!

And I was able to make our meal plans for the whole month.  I hope we'll be able to stick with it.  Last month we did really well sticking to our plans, the only nights we didn't was when Eli was studying late and I didn't feel like cooking a big meal for just me.  Anyway it's a good life here with Caroline! 

4 comments:

: ) said...

What a big, beautiful, wonderful day for two of the sweetest girls in the whole wide world! Thanks for sharing your day with us.
I love you!
Grandma Jani

Emily said...

It sounds like her day kinda revolves around sleeping and eating. Now that's the life! I'm glad she's feeling better.

Alainarae said...

You are such a fun mom to make such fun days for your little baby. Poor Milo must have been bored out of his mind when he was 8 months old! haha.. I love the first picture of her drinking her green smoothie! She is so stinking cute!!!

Annie said...

Being 8 months old is kind of like being 9 months pregnant! I think my day revolves around sleeping and eating too! I'm just wondering how she is so tiny still and she eats all day? :) Cute pictures!! I miss my sweet Caroline!