Monday, November 12, 2012

Caroline Update

Caroline is 20 months old now.  She is so much fun and is learning and growing so quickly.  Here are some of her new tricks.

  • When saying goodbye to anything, for example the school bus that drives by, she says, "bye bus.  I love you bus."  And this includes the greeter at the grocery store, dogs, trucks, planes, friends, etc.
  • She went to nursery this Sunday without crying for the first time!  This is huge!  Usually every week she cries like I'm about to drop her off and will never return.  She clings to me and screams.  This week when we walked in her there were already kids sitting at the table with playdough.  There was a seat open by her friend Ebby, she went right in and sat down and started playing.  Also, usually by the time I pick her up she's crying.  But this week she was pushing a baby stroller around and playing.  The nursery workers said she only cried once the whole time!  It was awesome.
  • But, she still tries to get out of it.  Halfway through sacrament meeting she handed me my keys and said, "Keys, mommy, go, go, car, keys, mommy, go!"  Also, as soon as the closing prayer is said she starts crying.
  • She now takes bubble baths without eating the bubbles.  Thank heaven for the dollar store bubbles.  I love our dollar store.  Everything is a dollar!  We love to get snacks, toys, gift bags, and now, bubbles.
  • This week, she's been waking up about half an hour to an hour early.  Mommy is not happy about this.  I keep telling her I don't do things before 8, but she's not getting the message.  
  • She is starting to understand directions and consequences.  For example, "If you eat your rice you can have dessert."  She's also starting to try to outsmart us.  For example, she ate three big spoonfuls of rice, then when she thought I wasn't looking, she spit it out into her lap, then asked for dessert.
  • She loves to color after breakfast with me now.  She always asks me to draw an airplane, Elle Mae (grandma and grandpa's dog), Josh (Eli's brother), and snow.  She loves to draw.
  • She loves to read books.  Her favorite books right now are The School Bus, How are you Peeling, Butterfly's Bath, and A Child's Treasury of Best Loved Poems.
  • She loves to play with her daddy.  She always comes up to him, grabs his hand, and says, "come on daddy," and leads her to whatever fun activity she has planned.                                           
Here are some pictures for you.  She is so much fun and a joy to be around!  We love you Caroline!

Some of her best friends are Reese and Ebby.  They love to jump together in her bed when they come over.

And share elmo slippers.  They wore those for about forty minutes. 

She loves for me to line up all of her stuffed animals on the couch and sit beside them.  It's really cute.


wearing elmo slippers and reading books. 

She was crying, she was given those boots by our friend, but refuses to wear them.  I just wanted a picture to document how adorable they are. 

My grandma made me that rabbit, and Caroline loves it.   It makes me happy that she likes it, I know if Grandma was here she'd love to make one for her. 

1 comment:

: ) said...

Oh what wonderful news flashes about Caroline at 20 months! And great new pics for our computer wallpaper :) So heartwarming to see Caroline lovingly play with the bunny your Grandma made you. That is our first new wallpaper of this batch. What a treat to read and see this, Cherie:)
Thank you!