Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Funny Things

Here are a few funny things that have been told by my biology professor. I must confess that I love this biology class. Even more than one of my English classes. Who'd have thunk it?

"My wife made a new jam this year. Strawberry-Rhubarb. I'm telling you, this jam is so good it makes you want to be celibate. It makes you want to stay home and eat jam all day long."

This semester we're learning all about birds. It's pretty funny. He's shown us clips from Shakespeare in Love and Amadeus, movies that seemingly have nothing to do with birds, but he'll pause it as people are writing with quills and say, "See! We would not have Shakespeare's Sonnets or Mozart's music if it wasn't for birds!!!"

He's fun and it makes biology really interesting and fun. The other day he brought in peaches off his peach tree and threw them out to students and I caught one. It was great! And I get to go birding at 7 in the morning on Saturday. Yay! (That was sarcasm.)

One more thing about this class: one of my "text-books" for it is like the childrens book with the buttons you can press on the side to play sounds, only this plays bird calls that correspond with the page number. Yeah, Eli made fun of me for that. He's lugging around these giant physics and neuroscience text books, and I have a book that plays bird calls. I love being an English major!

3 comments:

Ronda said...

Hey don't knock the english major stuff. It really prepares you for a life of rich enjoyment. Just think how much listening to the birds will mean to you when you are trapped in a one bedroom student apartment for the next ten years with four screaming brats. Just a thought.

Annie said...

that's funny cherie. I love professors like that, you will always remember his class and the bird information because he made it fun and interesting.
My vaccuum is a Dyson. I LVOE IT! I vaccuumed all over again today. Jacob can use it to and loves to vacuum for me. The dyson has a five year warranty, that's cool the dirt devil has a 4 year, that is unusual. Have fun cleaning.

Alainarae said...

Ronda, you are so harsh! I guess you're just jealous that no biology professor ever taught you these bird calls so you could distract yourself from your summer of two screaming brats in your little apartment in Omaha, right? lol.. I'm jealous! I need some bird sounds. Actually, I hate birds. Never mind. Stupid Mr Miller made me always click the slides of bird pics in biology class and I couldn't stand him because he was anti- harry potter, therefore, I can't stand his stupid birds. THats enough bird talk.