Monday, September 29, 2008

Well, it's been a while since I've written. You would think more has happened in the amount of time between posts than actually has. We've just been busy with school and work. We're both on campus pretty much from 8-5 most days, then we come home, eat dinner, and study/read books. Pretty boring. Eli's had two big tests so far. He got a 97% on his PD Bio test! He's so smart! This week is kind of a breather. I only have a 5 page paper due on Friday (I should start that) and just readings to do. Hopefully, Eli can get work off on Friday so we can go to his mission reunion in Salt Lake. That would be fun. Last time I went with him I was the only girlfriend there, it was kind of strange, but now I'll be a real wife and I won't have anyone asking me if we're going to get married when we've only been dating for a couple months. People will ask. Trust me. This weekend was really nice though. Eli worked on Friday night. I got to have fun though and went to dinner at the Olive Garden with Emily, Kyle, Megan, Greg, Deena, Jeff, Bianca, Amber, and Janae. Then we went back to Megan and Greg's and had lots of fun conversation about babies and all the weird/gross stuff that goes on with pregnancy and birth. Saturday was such a nice day! We went to help with the Bulldog Breakfast at the high school for the booster club, then Janae came with us for breakfast there. Then Eli and I cleaned the whole house! It is so nice! I love my vacuum, and I love our apartment. It's so nice to have the house completely clean. And it only takes a couple of hours to clean it, deep clean it, because it's so small. I know once we have a real house with a few kids it won't be that easy. Eli always cleans the bathroom and he did the kitchen too. Then Saturday night was the Relief Society Broadcast. I went with Amber and Janae and watched it in the Marriot Center. Then Eli got me and we hung out with his parents and watched more of the office. We're almost done with season 2. We were doing laundry on Saturday and I had it all folded in the basked downstairs with my bra drying on top of it, but no one was there and it was just Eli and I watching T.V. Then we heard a knock at the garage door and we opened it and in piles Josh and about 15 other teenagers back from the homecoming dance. We didn't know they were coming over. They went downstairs and then I realized my bra was sitting right on top of our laundry basket. I was upstairs and I remembered my bra and I tried to make Eli go get it, but he said, "No way, it's your bra!" So I went down and faced the teenagers and they were all saying, "Josh, why did you leave your bra out?" and things of that nature. I swear I heard one of the boys comment about the size. I was blushing, but I grabbed the basket, made a joke, and came back upstairs. I was blushing. Eli laughed a lot.
Can I just say that I love Sundays? We don't have church until 1, so we sleep in, laze around in bed for a while, then I can cook a nice meal, or start something for when we get home, and take my time getting ready. Yesterday we had Eli's parents and Josh over for dinner. I made broccoli and cheese soup in the crockpot, homemade rolls, cooked carrots with honey, salad, and apple dumplings. It was sure good, if I do say so myself. Now I really want an apple dumpling. It was a very nice weekend and I think this will be a good week!

4 comments:

Alainarae said...

your dinner sounds delicious. I don't think I've ever made that much food from scratch for company! Good Job! That's funny you were talking about gross pregnancy/baby things, bc you only know what you've been told from everyone, and we haven't even told you the grossest stuff! Haha... get ready! Love you!

Cindy Feuz said...

Glad you had a fun weekend with all your family that lives in Utah!

Cindy Feuz said...

I'm just jokin. We miss you and A.J. is forgetting about you. You better come over and renew your relationship with A.J. although he would also like to see Eli too.

Belcheryl said...

Cherie,
Watch where you leave your man-zere's. Women are lucky, they don't have to see their child birthing, except on video. I almost passed out when Guiliana was born. By the way, this is Paul. Send me an invite so I can view it as myself instead of with my Cheryl mask on.