Monday, April 20, 2009

It's About Time...

That I finally posted again. I am happy to report that my finals are done and that I will only ever have to take two more finals from BYU. Eli still has two more to do, one tomorrow and one on Wednesday, but he's been doing really well on his. He got a 94% on his church history one, and he hasn't gotten a score back for Organic chemistry yet, but he feels like he did well, and I know he did because he's gotten really good grades in that class this semester. I had my last final at 7 a.m. this morning. It went well, it was just a presentation on what we wrote our papers on, but I am happy to report that I got 24/25 points on it. I am so happy to be done with this semester. It was really hard, maybe the hardest semester I've had. I think it was so hard because I was sick for pretty much the whole month of February. But now I am done and I feel so good about it!
I have a whole week now with no school. I am working Monday through Thursday, but then I have from Friday to Monday off. I don't know what we'll do. We might go camping or we might do a huge overhaul of getting rid of clothes and stuff we don't use. I'm wanting to consolidate our clothes into one dresser and then re-arrange our bedroom. I also want to start going to garage sales and see if I can find a small kitchen table. For anyone who reads this and has ever eaten at our place you know why we need one. You're probably sick of eating at the coffee table on the floor as much as I am. I've found some good leads on Craigslist that I'm interested in.
We watched Marley and Me on Saturday night. That made me miss Pupcake, Princess, Nick, and Snuffles; pretty much all the dogs I loved as a child that died. I cried a lot during the end of the movie. We also watched Seven Pounds yesterday after we had dinner with some friends. It was really good, and I cried during that one too. I think finals fried my brain though because I'm usually really good at predicting the movie, but not this one. Eli figured it out in about 5 minutes, but I had no clue until the end. I won't say what happens, but if you haven't seen it yet you should. It's very interesting, and it's different than most movies out there, but I enjoyed it.
So, I've been on a big exercising, house cleaning, decorating, and cooking kick lately. Here's some things I've made this week:
bread, triple-berry cobbler, lasagna, grandma's green beans, peas and potatoes (Grandma's recipe, soo good) herbed chicken, tuna melts, and steamed broccoli. I tell you, I just really want to be a housewife. Really. I planted some flowers a herbs a couple of weeks ago and I've just been waiting for them to sprout, but then there was a freak snow storm on Tuesday and I was afraid they all died. But yesterday I noticed some green sprouts poking up! They're only on my flowers so far, the herbs haven't made any appearances, but I hope they come up too. It's funny because I bought this little pot of these pink flowers at wal-mart for $3 and they've been sitting on our porch since March. I hardly ever water them, when I got them they didn't look too healthy, Eli predicted they would die soon, but they've been through about four snowstorms, and now they are thriving! I'm thinking of getting a bigger pot to transplant them to. I'm really happy with them. And, our neighbor moved out so now I think I'll take over the dirt he used to use to plant some tomatoes, green beans, and I don't know what else. Any suggestions?
Sorry this is so long, I just haven't written in a long time. Don't feel like you have to read it all, but I guess if you're reading this then you already have read it all.
Alaina and Kimmy could each have their babies any day! I'm really excited. I hope Kimmy has her baby this weekend when we don't have work or school. She's having a girl and Alaina's having a boy. And Lars is getting so huge! He's all chubby and cute! I love babies. On Sunday someone came into Sunday School and asked for volunteers for the youngest nursery. We went and it was really fun. Kids love Eli so much! All the little boys wanted to play with him and sit in his lap during singing time. It was cute.
Okay, that is all.
Good luck with finals for those who still have them (suckers! Just kidding, I'm just glad I'm done) and enjoy the nice weather to everyone else!
Cherie and Eli!

2 comments:

sagebrushandbuttercups said...

Cherie,
Way to go on your final (24/25 WOO HOO!)and your whole semester. Lots of hard work. I am glad you have a few days of rest before you start it all up again! Sounds like you have been making a wonderful home and garden. yummy meals and everything. E is a lucky man for sure. I love how you are kind to one another. It's really special.
Have a great little break. Hope it is wonderful!
Love, Jan

Alainarae said...

you're almost done with school! Way to go... seems like you are already a good little housewife. You guys might need to find a bigger place by next year...To fit your first baby in, that is! Sounds like you have babies on the brain! yay! I can't wait to see your spawn!