Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Best Husband Award...

Goes to Eli. We had the best weekend together without the stress of school, assignment, tests, or work. He created a perfect day for me on Friday. He called it "Dia de Divertida" or "Day of Fun." He wanted to give me a great day before school starts again (today, but it's my last first day). So, he left early claiming he had to meet with a professor, it was a lie, but I forgave him. He got some delicious bagels from Einstein Brother's, bought me flowers, wrote me a nice letter, and planned our whole day. I was really suprised and hapyp with the flowers, purple alstromeria, and the bagels and the letter. Then we got dressed and went on a hike up Diamond fork canyon. It was so great. Pictures in my next post, I promise. The hike was about 4 1/2 miles round trip, but it was so beautiful. At the top of the hike were some natural hot springs, so we dipped in those for a while. We had an adventure on the way down. We passed some ladies who had a beautiful american boxer, much like Gabe's dog Nala. We got down about a mile, and you should know that the trail follows the mountain river the whole time, and the dog was ahead of us somehow and was running across the river. The river wasn't big, but it did have a lot of little waterfalls and rapids. As the dog was coming back to the side by the trail, she got caught in a waterfall part and barely made it out. After that she was scared to come back to the trail side and was stuck on the other side of the river. We tried coaxing her over, but she wouldn't come. Eventually another couple came up to where we were. The guy from their group jumped across some rocks and Eli forded the icy cold river up to his waist! The guy handed the dog to Eli and he carried him over to safety. We then took the dog back up the trail to the owners, who said she just ran off and must have gotten disoriented. That was our hiking adventure. Then we got some seeds and plants and I gardened while Eli made a great dinner. Then we helped my friend move and we went to a party with the Von Trapps to say goodbye to Skoticus. It was really sad to see him go, but he'll have so much fun in Florida. Skoticus, good luck, we'll miss you!
There's more from this weekend, but I'll write about that later. Just know that Eli's sister Kim had her baby on Saturday morning, a beautiful little girl named Tori, Eli's mom had her birthday, Happy Birthday! We love you! and we rearranged our bedroom and it's so nice now! We even got ahold of the family armoire and I think it looks so nice in our room!
I start on my last two classes today!
I just wanted to show everyone how wonderful Eli is. Not many people would ford an icy river to rescue a dog, then walk another 2 miles in soaking wet shoes and socks. And, Eli moved a lot of furniture for me, and my friends. I'm really happy I married him. He's the best and he makes me so happy. Okay, sorry, that's mushier than I'm comfortable with, but it's true. Eli's going to rock the MCAT this June too.
Eli's awesome!

3 comments:

Alainarae said...

aww, that is so sweet of him to rescue a dog! What a boy scout! What yummy dinner did he make? Can he give Roland the recipe? Tell him good job on making you happy!

Cindy Feuz said...

I would believe that Eli would do that to help a dog. He has a good soul, and he would help anyone. Kudos to Eli the wonder husband!

Evan and Savannah McBride said...

Cherie, your weekend sounds SO fun, and that all was very sweet of Eli, you're a good pair :), I'm happy for you!