Friday, August 28, 2009

Unemployment


So, today is my last day of work here at the library. I will miss it. This has been the best college job I could have ever had. I loved working here. I learned a lot and I made a lot of friends. It's sad to go. If it weren't for the hiring freeze I could probably keep working here, but, alas, it is not to be. Oh well. I'll have to find my fortunes elsewhere. I am looking and applying at a lot of places, so if anyone hears of anything, please let me know. I feel pretty confident that I will find a job soon. Things just need to pick up. Although, I think Monday will feel pretty good. I'll get Eli off to school, and I won't have to go to work or school. That's really nice!!! Eli's excited for this coming semester. He's got a lot of hard classes, but he is really smart and I know he can handle it. I was feeling a bit nostalgic for school earlier. I do love the fall when school starts. Well, I love the first week of school, then I'm over it. The thing that cured me of my nostalgia was getting Eli's books at the bookstore. Yuck! I'm so glad I didn't have to buy some too. Anyway, that's about all. I'd appreciate prayers for me to find a job.
Oh, the other exciting thing is that Eli and I are going to a soccer World Cup qualifying game next Saturday. It's El Salvador v. USA at the Real Salt Lake stadium. It's Eli's birthday present from me, just a little late. He's been wanting to go since he heard about it, I think he's pretty excited. We got good seats too, it should be a lot of fun. Even though I'm not a big soccer (or sports) fan, I think the excitment and enthusiasm of the crowd will make it really great.
That's about all. We're going to a birthday party tonight and then I think we'll go see Julie and Julia this weekend. Maybe I should be a blogging chef. I could blog about how to cook in a tiny kitchen with no air conditioning in the summer. I guess that's a pretty small niche group, huh?
Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Alainarae said...

Roland is jealous of your present to Eli, I'm sure. I just hope none of the other fans throw bags of urine at you! Look up USA vs. MEXICO game. It really happened!
I think you should start that cooking blog. Sounds fun. Maybe you could use your degree and start a really clever blog with sponsors and just work at home using your daily experiences and make bank!?! Sounds good to me! You could do it! Love ya!

Ashley said...

Cherie!

That is too bad that there is a hiring freeze! You are a very smart woman though and I am sure you will find another job very quickly! Nonetheless, Ben and I will be praying for you!!