Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Updates





















Alaina has informed me that she is sick of looking at my "unemployment" post. But I say, I'm still unemployed, so what else is new? Apparently there still are new things; such as pictures from the MLS soccer game we went to, a beautiful hike I went on, pictures from Eli and I carving pumpkins the other day, and....Eli's in school. Here are some pictures.

So, the hike was beautiful. I went with Eli's Dad and step-mom and their neighbor, who brought his dog Lacy. We started at South Fork, past Vivian park, and followed the trail all the way up the mountain, then over the other side through rock canyon. It was about 8 miles. The coolest part, I thought was that I've always wanted to go up to the mountain behind Rock Canyon where the horizontal lines are, people familiar with Provo, do you know what I'm talking about? Well, we walked across those terraces. It was so awesome. It was a beautiful hike, the trees were changing colors and were so lovely. It was good that we went when we did because the next Saturday the weather finally turned to fall and it snowed up the mountain right where we were. Eli had to study for his tests that week, so he did not get to go. We missed him though.

There is also, finally, a picture of the headboard that I made, and Mom and Dad kindly hung it up for me. I think it turned out turned out well. I really like it with our bedding. I made a pretty cake too. I found an angel food cake pan at DI and I really wanted one, so I made one from scratch and it was awesome. I tried making Grandma's frosting, but that just ended up in a messy corn syrup-y mess. I ended up making a different icing. The family thing Karen made for me at an enrichment and we put the scrapbook paper and different frills during the priesthood session of conference. It was fun and I really love it. Sometime when we have a house with a lot of wall space I will hang them with ribbons and put family pictures all around it. Eli and I had fun carving pumpkins for family home evening on Monday. I went with the basic jack-o-lantern, while Eli found his had a perfect face for an old man. His is called Grumpy Grampkin. He thought about making a Hitler one and call it "Mein 'kin" but he decided it was too offensive, I thought it was funny though. We aren't as good as Cindy and Kurt are at pumpkins though.

Well, that's about all. I had one interview today and another one tomorrow. Hopefully something will come of one of those. Tonight for dinner we're having chicken tetrazinni and mashed butternut squash. I think it will be good, I may make some rolls to go with it too. I finally bought a three tier oven rack today because my narrow little oven only has one rack, but now I am able to cook more than one thing at a time, and that makes me really happy.

I hope everyone is doing well. Eli's doing well in school. He got 100% on his first statistics test. He's pretty busy because he's working and going to school too. He's a hard worker! We're excited for Annie and Chad and family to move here next week, just in time for Annie's birthday. And tomorrow is Jonathan's birthday. I can't believe that he's going to be 9. I was there when he was born, and now he's such a big kid. He's a good boy too. I miss him. Happy birthday Jon!

Love ya!
Cherie

3 comments:

Alainarae said...

Your post did not disappoint!!! I had to scan it quickly, bc I'm on my way out the door, but I will go over it slower when I get back from YW!!! You are so cute!!! I love the FAMILY thing.. Can your MIL make me one, too? Just exactly like yours????? I love black and white, ya know? Good job!

Alainarae said...

two cute things I noticed: I liked the pretty plate your cake was on, and your sandals you were wearing at the soccer game!

Scott Morris said...

You are getting so domestic. Just think of all the fun things you'd miss out on it you were employed!