Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Experiment

So, as I mentioned in the last post, Eli and I are trying to go off sugar and white flour. I got the idea from the book, Beat Sugar Addiction Now! by Jacob Teitlebaum. I want us to be healthy. I am sick of feeling tired after I eat something. We're only going sugar free for a couple of months, to sort of straighten ourselves out. After that we'll only have it in moderation, and avoid most processed foods. Anyway, to keep myself up to the challenge, I have decided to post about what we ate that day and what else we did, and any differences I feel or whatever I feel like writing about.

So, today, here is what we had:
Breakfast: Green Smoothie (I forgot the banana's today. It was pretty gross without it.)
Lunch: Cuban Black Beans, lettuce-wrapped turkey sandwich, almonds, and raw veggies.
Dinner: Creamy Southwestern Chicken, which was delicious, and a salad with cilantro lime vinagrette dressing.

Today I have felt really good. And it's only the first day. I had a sugar craving after dinner, when I saw hostess cupcakes in the pantry. But then I remembered that I had just eaten dinner, I wasn't hungry, and I don't need it. Eli is doing well too. I can tell he's not that excited about it, but he's not complaining.

Well, we're going to the library now.
Goodnight!

3 comments:

brittany said...

You are so brave! Sugar is the only thing that is keeping me sane on my no dairy diet. I have to do it for Jackson's sake and it is still super hard. I would have no will power if it was just for me. You are my new inspiration. Good luck!

Cindy Feuz said...

Good luck! It's been 17 days since I've had sugar. I miss it sometimes, but then I eat some fruit and it tastes soooo good! I swear! Mostly that's because I am almost starving!! lol
I am confident you can do it! Good luck!

Alainarae said...

wow! I didn't realize you are blogging about your journey! Awesome.. I actually started my own blog documenting my veganism...I'll email you the link. Keep it up.. I know you'll feel so good in the end. Love you! Keep the recipes coming, please!