Thursday, March 17, 2011

Growing Girl!


It already makes me sad to think of Caroline growing up. I want her to stay my baby forever. She is so sweet and cuddly! But, she is two weeks old today. I can't believe how quickly it's gone. Yesterday I took her to the doctor for her check up. She weighed 6. 9 when she was born, and when we left the hospital she was down to 6.1. I knew she was gaining weight because her face is getting chubby and she's getting the cutest little double chin. Well, she now weighs 6.14. That's a 13 ounce weight gain in 10 days! I have a feeling she's going to be a little chub-o! She is 21 inches long. I asked the nurse if she grew that much since she was born and she said at the hospital they don't stretch their legs out all the way to measure them. I always thought she was longer than 18.5 inches. She's quite lanky. She's below the 20th percentile in both weight and head circumference, but in the 78th percentile in length. She looks more and more like her daddy everyday. I always thought Eli would be a pretty girl, and now we have the proof.

Anyway, she's just in her bassinet right now, making cute noises as she slowly wakes up to eat in ten minutes. I've been doing laundry all morning. It's amazing how much we go through. Yesterday we had two blowouts and she barfed her milk all over her clothes, hair, and my bedspread. That's in the washer right now. I can look over now and see her tiny hands going up in the air above her blanket. She is the best baby! I just love staying home with her. I'm so thankful that Eli works so hard so I can stay with her. Well, I'd better get ready to feed her now.


4 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

She's long, but you can't tell cause her little legs are always curled up and snuggly. I miss her today. I've got to see her the past 2 days! I will come and see her tomorrow while A.J.'s at school, oh yeah I'll come to see you too! lol

mk said...

I'm so glad you get to stay home with her, too! We'll hav to have a mommy date soon. :)

Ashley said...

Cherie, I know what you meant when you referred to Caroline looking like her Daddy... but really ? Come on, re-read what you wrote "I always thought Eli would make a pretty girl." That is just a LITTLE weird! haha.. Then again you probably meant it like that :-P

brittany said...

What a beauty! Being a stay at home mom is the best. . . I think. I am glad you are enjoying it.