Friday, April 1, 2011

A Daddy and his Daughter






Eli makes me so happy. He is such a sweet daddy. He loves to be with his little Caroline. He can't wait to hold her when he gets home. He loves to sing to her, and she loves it when he sings to her. He is great about changing diapers and bringing her to me at night for her to eat. I love watching him with her. I know that as she gets bigger and interacts with him more she'll have him wrapped around her finger even more!

I've been meaning to write about this for a while because it makes me laugh so much. So, not unlike my own father, Eli usually doesn't know the real words to songs. So he either makes up his own or gives his own interpretation of what he thinks they are singing. Here is one example. I like the Paul McCartney song "Maybe I'm Amazed." There is a section of lyrics that Eli likes to give his own version of. The real words say "Baby I'm amazed at the way you pulled me out of time." Eli thought he said, "Baby I'm amazed at the way you poop me out at night." Now I hear that every time I listen to that song , and hopefully you will too.

1 comment:

Emily said...

So fun! Are you still worried to ever leave our children alone with Eli and Kyle. I'm not too worried anymore, although, I did leave Kyle and Lily alone for a couple of hours and got a phone message of her screaming and crying bloody murder. Hmmmm....