Friday, April 29, 2011

Memories in the Tulip Patch








Wednesday is Eli's day off, other than Sunday. It's been really nice to have him home in the middle of the week. We had a really nice day this week. Caroline loved snuggling with her Daddy. She took two naps on him for a couple of hours each. I went and got a haircut, I stole my sisters cut, and I like the bangs a lot. We went to the park, and walked through the tulip patch. That tulip patch is really special to us. After Eli and I had been dating for a while, we decided ( in the hall outside of his apartment) to get married. We went and picked out a ring. Eli told me they told him the ring would take two weeks to get. The next day we went to a friends wedding. On the way home he suggested we stop and see how the tulips were coming. We had been coming to the park for the past couple weeks when we could to see if the tulips were blooming. We walked into the patch and they were all open and beautiful. All of the sudden I turned around and Eli was down on one knee with the ring that I thought we wouldn't get for another two weeks. He proposed in a very sweet way and the rest is history. It was so much fun to go over on a beautiful day, three years later, now with our first child. The tulips were lovely and we had a great time. Eli is so great and I am so grateful to have him in my life!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love your bangs!

Annie said...

Ooohhhh, You two (three) are so cute

Alainarae said...

Cherie, you didn't steal my haircut. It wasn't an original idea :) You look so cute with them!

Caroline is so lucky to have such cute, loving parents. I love you all amongst the flowers! Miss you!