Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day










My first Mothers Day was great! Eli made me breakfast in bed: chocolate chip pancakes, homemade cinnamon syrup, and homemade fresh squeezed orange juice! Then he gave me some really cute earrings I've been wanting. We got up and went to church. Church was very nice, the rest of the day was lazy. I took a nap with Caroline sleeping on my chest, I sorted through our closet, organized it, and put together a big bag for DI. We had a simple dinner and gave Caroline a bath. Then came the hard part. I decided to try letting her cry it out. First she laid down, cried for 5 minutes, I came in and calmed her down, she cried then for 7 minutes. Then Eli went in and calmed her down, then she cried for 10 minutes. I went in and calmed her down and then she went to sleep for good. From 10 pm to 5:45 am. That was almost 8 hours! That means Eli got to go to bed and sleep uninterrupted until he had to get up for work! It was awesome! I hated doing it though. I was crying while she was, but it worked. I hope we won't have to do it again tonight. My goal is to have her sleep from 9 - 7:30 ish. ot would be heaven. Well, here are some pictures from Mothers Day. We also put her back in her blessing dress for some family pictures but she was not happy about that. Good thing we got some professional ones in her blessing dress. Enjoy!

2 comments:

brittany said...

When we let Jackson cry it out the first time I cried right along with him too. It is a tough thing to do, but when they start sleeping through the night it is definitely worth it. Cute pictures!

Mulhollands said...

You look great and so does she. The first time I tried letting Bryston cry it out he went 45 minutes and I gave up. I then attempted it a few months later and I think he cried for 1 1/2 hours and cried for a few nights before it worked. It was very hard but I am so happy I did it. It's made life so much better for him and us. I definitely want to do it sooner with our next baby. Have a great day!