Sunday, September 11, 2011

Life in Kentucky



Life in Kentucky is busy, stressful, crazy, and happy. In general, it's very good. Here is an update on all of us.

Caroline is flourishing. She has continued to be a great sleeper (minus one or two nights of teething mayhem), sleeping 12-13 hours a night. She always wakes up with a smile on her face and still take two good naps a day. She doesn't like a big bedtime routine either, just scriptures and prayers, then we lay her down and she talks to herself for a few minutes before drifting off. It is great. She now weighs 15.2 lbs, is 26 inches long, and is starting to sit by herself (16 seconds today)! She is laughing more, but no one can get her going as much as Eli. Every time she sees her daddy she just lights up. It's the cutest thing! She rolls all over the place, likes to talk, and is just all around adorable. This stage is so much fun. She is a great eater too. Her favorites right now are carrots and apples. I made some peas tonight that she will try tomorrow. She does not like avocadoes, but they are so good for her I'm going to sneak them into something. She is a joy to take care of.

Eli is a stressed student! This guy is in class for up to 8 hours a day, studying the rest of the time, and still manages to be around his adoring girls (me and Caroline). He is starting to get more used to the hectic schedule and is enjoying his classes and the things he is learning. He is very happy that the BYU football games are streamed on ESPN.com, so he's been able to watch is beloved cougars. He has taken two tests so far and has one more today. Caroline and I are very proud of him, he is doing so well. We love that he still makes time for us. He tries to come home for dinner most nights and help with bedtime. He also is very good at taking out the trash, which I love! I know most women think this about their husbands, but I really do believe I got the best one out there. He is just the greatest and I am so grateful for him and all he does for us.

I am doing well. It's definitely been an adjustment, but I'm happy we are here. I stay pretty busy during the day with feeding the baby, keeping the house clean, cooking our meals and baby food, and trying to go for walks, swims, and fun outings with Caroline. I've started making more friends and finding more things to do. I've been introduced to the wonderful world of pinterest, and as a result have a whole schlew of projects, crafts, hairstyles, and recipes to try. Methinks it will be a busy week! The two things I want/need the most right now are a sewing machine and these boots.

So, things are good. We're excited for the fall. The leaves are barely starting to change and we just know it will be beautiful. We love our apartment, I'll take some pictures after I clean tomorrow, we love our baby, and we love our life. Sometimes it's really hard to do family and medical school at the same time, but we are figuring it out and getting better every day. All friends and family have a standing invitation to visit us anytime! Well, better go to sleep now!
Love,
Eli, Cherie, and Caroline


2 comments:

Emily said...

I know we're sure glad you're here!

About the boots you want. There is a shoestore in Shepherdsville called 6PM shoes that is an outlet for returns from zappos.com, and you can usually find some sweet deals there. Last winter Kyle got a pair of really nice winter boots that were usually $150, for $24.00. You never know what you'll find there since its an outlet, but last time I was there, there was a whole wall of tall boots like the ones you want. You should check it out sometime! I'll go with you if you want, my feet are already getting bigger with pregnancy. Last week in the cold weather I tried on like 4 pairs of warmer shoes (aka not sandels), and none of them fit. I need some winter pregnancy shoes.

Also, your raspberry jam in amazing. Sometimes I open the fridge and just eat a spoonful of it. Probably gross, but whatever.

I think I've written too long of a comment than is socially appropriate.

End

Alainarae said...

Cherie, glad to hear! I have one tip in regards to the avocado. Mash some up with bananas, and she may not notice :) Oliver hated it from day one. He hated the textures of both foods, so maybe she'll be smarter! Love you!