Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Welcome to our Home!

I decided to take some pictures of our place for a photo-tour of our apartment. We are really happy with it, it's the perfect size for us right now. As you can tell from the pictures, I still have a lot of decorating/arranging to do, but for the most part we are enjoying it

Here is the corner of Caroline's room. I need to figure out the best way to arrange her room.



I couldn't resist a picture of the sleeping angel-baby! Isn't she adorable!
Her room was the only one I didn't pick up before I took pictures because she's asleep, but there's her changing table and rocking chair (don't dwell on the mess!)
This is one of my favorite things. I got the idea from a lady at a jewelry store in Utah because I was looking for a earring tree but they were $50 or more! She told me to get a length of mesh-type ribbon from wal-mart and pin it to the wall. I did and now my earrings are organized and easy to pick out. They used to just be in a big box and it was hard to find matching pairs.

Grandpa Bill's dresser.

My absolute favorite thing is having a walk-in closet. I love that our laundry basket is not sitting out in our room where you can see it. It is wonderful. I'm serious when I say it's my favorite part. I hate looking at dirty laundry.

There's our bed. I like our curtains. Mom was really nice to get them for us when she and dad visited in August. Thanks Gammy!

It's hard to get a shot of the shower curtain, the shower and toilet are in a separate room from the sink.

The bathroom is a good size. It's nice to have all the storage in it.

Mantle in living room. I've found lots of crafts to do to decorate more.

Do you Belchers out there recognize any of the furniture in our living room? I love having some of Grandma and Grandpas things, the couch, rocker, and tv stand and tv are all theirs. It makes me feel so at home, and like they are with us. I think they would like that we are getting a use out of our things. I especially like it because Caroline never got to meet them so at least she can get a visual of what their house might have looked like. I sometimes half-expect to walk in and find Grandpa in his rocker watching Walker on the tv. If only that could be.

So, I just covered these ugly cabinets with extra contact paper that I had and it turned out great! I love the mint green with my red appliances! Easy and cheap project.

Mom also got me these shelves to fill the space above the sink. I think it worked out well.

Front view of the kitchen. It's a good size for us.
And finally the dining room. Thanks for the table, Paul and Cheryl. It's just perfect. We are so grateful for the generosity of our family. They helped us furnish our place, and also to our parents for helping us move the stuff out here. We really appreciate it! So, if you want to see it in person just let us know. Come visit anytime!

2 comments:

Alainarae said...

Oh it looks so good, Cherie! I love all the inherited/donated furnishings from the family. It makes me want to just curl up in your apartment because it looks like home :) Glad you get to live among so many memories...

I see Mom and Dad brought you the high chair! Maybe when you're done with it, I'll drive out and take it off your hands!

HarroldHappenings said...

surprise! I'm reading your blog! :) I've had this fake blog for awhile but I have decided maybe I will actually start using it...not promising much though.
However I am excited to read yours and keep up with you guys! The place looks great, you guys look great, Caroline is adorable! Glad you are liking it out there...miss you! (Joanna)