Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

We had a lovely Valentine's Day around here. Caroline even got a present on her first Valentine's Day!

I woke up to Eli already gone, which is usual around here.  He catches an early bus and I wake up with Caroline.  But as I was waking up I heard the front door open, which kind of scared me because I thought Eli was gone and who was coming into our house?  But it was Eli, he had a bouquet of flowers for me, my favorite chocolates, and a beautiful letter he wrote for me.  Eli might be embarrassed, but people should know that he writes the most lovely letters to me!  Not all the time, but when he does they really warm my heart!  That was wonderful to wake up to.  Then he was able to stay around until 10!  He got Caroline up and gave her a single flower and a little puppy toy, which she wouldn't stop hugging!  While I nursed her, Eli read her a letter he wrote to her.  It was so sweet and went straight into her baby book.  I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but Eli really is the best!

I hope Valentine's day was good for Eli as well.  Because I was planning on giving him his present that evening, I didn't have it wrapped up for him yet.  But I quickly wrapped it and gave him a Landon Donnovan jersey.  He plays for the US mens soccer team.  I think Eli liked it.  Then Caroline and I brought him lunch at school.  Caroline walked all the way down a very long hall pushing the stroller.  You'd think it would have tired her out, but she didn't take too long of a nap.  I made strawberry stuffed French toast for dinner that night.  Then, how is this for romance, I went into our room to rest a bit while Eli studied and fell asleep at 8 and slept until 8 the next morning.  It sure felt good to sleep that much though.

Thanks, Eli, for making your girls feel loved.  We sure love you!






No comments: