Sunday, February 5, 2012

Of Hair, Poop, and other Randomness

That's right, I chopped off my hair, and I love it!  I was just getting so sick of it, it was so tangly, it wouldn't hold any curl or anything I did to it, and if I didn't bush it twenty times a day I would get a huge rats nest of tangles underneath.  So, yesterday, I found a picture of a haircut I liked, ran over to Great Clips (I never have gone to a place like that for a haircut before, but I don't have as much money to spend on hair anymore.  It was only $17 and they did a good job), and cut off almost 9 inches!

So, I asked Eli to take a picture of me, and he did but he said my smile was too fake.  So I told him to tell me something funny.  He told me to smile as if I just heard that John Travolta was coming to the KFC Yum! center in Louisville to present a special showing of Grease.  It was just so absurd it made me laugh so hard.  He kept talking about John Travolta and wouldn't stop.  It's probably not that funny, but it made me laugh.  And now I know what I look like when I laugh with my new haircut.
I just love it.  It feels so light and so much healthier.  It holds curl better, still goes up in a pony tail, and does not get tangled! 

Grandma Rhoads got Caroline this dress.  We call it her peacock dress and it is adorable!
 So, this next part is about poop.  If you're squeamish, don't read it. 
Caroline has a green smoothie every morning and is very very regular.  Pooping 3-4 times a day is normal for her.  Well, on Friday we had a very busy day and I didn't have time to make one, so we just had some toast and bananas.  She didn't eat much lunch because we went to have lunch with Eli at his school and she was too distracted by all the people and things going on to eat.  We were at costco at dinner time and she ate about 1/3 of a slice of the costco pizza.  So it wasn't her healthiest day.  And she only pooped once, and it was a weird consistency (pardon the details).  The next day was normal, she had her smoothie and regular healthy meals. And she pooped 3 times.  I just think that is amazing and definite proof of the power of green smoothies.  I know I am not as regular when I don't have one everyday. 



Well, that's about all.  We had a nice weekend and a lovely Sunday.  Church was great, we had a relaxing afternoon, and then had a delicious and fun dinner at a friends house.  Caroline now weighs 18 lbs, and is a happy girl.  She is getting close to walking too.  She makes everyday fun!

2 comments:

Alainarae said...

wow. I'm impressed at Eli's awesome ability to think of funny things to make you laugh! That is hilarious! I miss you guys....
You look like you are modeling for one of those commercials for hair color, "Because I'm worth it" and throwing your hair around smiling. I love it!
LOL...I love all the details about what your hair used to do, and what it now does and doesn't do, and how much poo and what kind your offspring poos on a daily basis. Haha! Love you! Way to go keeping your family regular!

Kyle said...

So what does it mean that Ewan has bowel movements every two hours?