Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Goings-ons

Well, I have been trying my hand at picasa and trying to figure out how to make a slide show on here with our honeymoon pictures. I don't know how to use blogspot very well. I couldn't even make it do a different background like Annie's and Alaina's. Oh well. The reason why it's hard for me to put pictures up is because we don't have internet at our apartment and I don't like to lug my computer to campus when I go to work and stay after just to put pictures up. I can post though, because I'm on the desk a lot at work. I will try to figure out the pictures. I promise. So, last weekend was really fun. Eli's old roommate and friend from high school, Steve, got married in the Salt Lake Temple on Friday, so we got to go to that. It was a beautiful wedding. The best/funniest thing that happened was at the reception. We were standing in the lobby watching their wedding video when this old man came in. He must have had Alzheimer's or something akin to it because he asked us at least three times if we were married and we would say, "Yes. We've been married for two weeks." The last time he asked us, in a lobby full of people, might I add, we said, "Yes, we've been married for two weeks." He said, "Two weeks, huh? Well then you've only had sex fourteen times!" How do you respond to that? I think I made a weird laugh sound in my throat and then we left and laughed about it the whole way home!
In other news I have been to Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond more times than I'd like to admit but I have gotten everything returned and exchanged and I have the kitchen and bedroom the way I want them! I finally even got rugs for the kitchen. I've scrubbed and cleaned and organized. It looks pretty livable now! All that's left to do is get our vacuum cleaner fixed, it needs a new belt, and pick up the desk from his parents house and put it in the living room and we'll be done! I don't know how people get married a week before school starts or between semesters and then go back to school really soon. It would drive me nuts to start school before I had the house organized. Yikes, it's stressful!
This weekend will be a fun one. Emily and Kyle, my old roommate and Eli's old roommate, are getting married in the Salt Lake Temple on Saturday. I'm really excited for that. There will be a wedding breakfast in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building that morning, then the wedding, and then the reception in Layton that night. After the reception Eli and I are going to drive up to Pocatello to spend some time with his mom and grandma. We'll be there all day Sunday and then come back Monday morning. It will be really nice to get to spend some time with them. His mom and his grandma are two of the nicest people I've met. They're both so kind and generous to us, it will be fun to get to spend some time with them when we won't have to talk about the wedding. To be perfectly honest I'm very glad the wedding is over. Eli and I have so much fun together. He said I hogged all the covers last night. I don't remember because I slept really well last night. He snores sometimes though, so I guess we're even. Actually, the funny thing about his snoring is that it doesn't happen all the time. I think he's such an independent sleeper. He only snores when I try to cuddle close to him when we're sleeping. Other than that, no snoring. But the second I initiate spooning, it's snore-city. How strange!
One last thing. I'm really excited for today. I get off work at two, then Eli and I are going to the temple. I'm excited for that because other than for weddings, I haven't been back since the first time because we haven't had an opportunity when I'm not working and neither is he. Then after that we're going to Tucano's for dinner. Eli gets a free meal for his birthday. His parents are going to come too. It should be fun. For those of you who don't know, Tucano's is a Brazillian restaurant and they serve a bunch of meat. That's right Ronda and Annie, I am going to be the worlds biggest carnivore tonight! MMMMMMM! I can't wait to eat all that meat!
Cherie

4 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

Be sure to have a nice tall glass of DEATH MILK with that!!!! hahahaha and bring the immodium ad as well

Annie said...

Go ahead Cherie, eat the large portion of rotting, decaying, flesh. I'm sure the image of blood soaked, stinky cow flesh is a lovely thought to put it in your body. I hope you know what they've done to the meat before they cooked it, or where it came from... just a thought. :) I'm kidding. Eat your meat, just be sure to eat extra veggies too. And please avoid the DEATH MILK!

Ronda said...

It's your colon, your heart, and your gut. Eat away my friend, just don't complain to me when your a fat old lady that can't get off the couch to cook your own meat and you need a motorized vehicle to wheel you around wal-mart.

Heidi said...

I think it is absolutely hilarious what that old man said to you. It's mostly because things like that don't happen to most people. However, they do happen to you.