Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Good Life

I love being married! It's so much fun. Yesterday we had a really good day. Eli took me to work at 8 in the morning so I wouldn't have to walk there. Then when I took my lunch break I got to join him and his dad for lunch at Legends. That was fun. Then when I got off of work I met him outside the library and he brought me some really pretty flowers, alstromerium, because I had a bad day on Monday. He's the best! Then we went to his dad's office for a bit to do some stuff on the computer. His dad gave Eli his old Macbook that is still in really good shape. That's so kind of him. His parents are really very generous. We're so lucky to have them so close to us! Then we came home and cleaned up a bit. We decided to have a date. One of our favorite dates is going to Barnes and Nobles and each of getting books we like and flipping through them for a couple hours so we can decide what to read next. Eli got two books with the gift card his mom had given him for his birthday. Then we went to eat with his parents because they had ordered a bunch of pizza and invited us. Then we rented a movie, Shallow Hal, it was pretty funny. Jack Black reminds me of Chad. We watched that and made our Key Lime Bars that we got as a mix. They were great! It was a wonderful night. We both overslept this morning because even though I set the alarm on my phone to wake us both up at 6, I forgot to turn it on, an integral part in alarms. So, Eli got a text at 6:25 from his friends he was supposed to meet for basketball, and luckily that woke us up, or I would have been very late for work. It was my fault we were late though! This should be a good weekend coming up. We have Steve and Brooke's wedding in Salt Lake tomorrow. I think tonight we'll start returning some gifts that we got doubles of and continue organizing the apartment. It's a beautiful day! I'm so happy I married Eli!!!!

3 comments:

Alainarae said...

aaaww... isn't it wedded bliss? It makes all the normal days like sleeping in for work and going to work so much more interesting when you're married! Especially at first... well, I can't wait to see pictures of your apartment all decorated and cute!

Alainarae said...

your layout is cute! I want to see more pics though! I just realized that after your sealing when we were taking the pictures, I was so hot and distracted by the heat, I forgot to get a picture of just me and you!!! Tell me if you have one! I wanted to have that shot so bad, but I was too worried about Milo having a heat stroke! Love ya!

Annie said...

soo sweet! I'm glad you married Eli too. Why did you have a bad day on Monday? Enjoy getting flowers, unless he's the exception to the rule, the flowers may stop coming in a few years.