Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School is almost here!

School starts in less than a week now. I have mixed feelings about it. I want it to start because then it is closer to being over. I don't want it to start because then my wonderful summer is over. My favorite part of the summer was definitely after the wedding, the whole time after the wedding. It was fun to be married and not have school, but just have work and then all of our time could be spent together. It will be good to be that much closer to graduation. I am pretty excited for my classes. I am most excited for my cooking class. It's called "Food Preparation in the Home." I think it will be fun. We had a really good weekend. It started with Saturday. We drove up to Salt Lake and went to Emily and Kyle's wedding. They had a beautiful wedding breakfast in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Then we went to their sealing, which was also beautiful. Emily looked so good and so did Kyle. Now all of Eli's roommates are married. Once Emily and Kyle get back we can all start doing things as married couples. It's really fun that we all got to date and be engaged and get married basically around the same time. After the sealing Eli and I did a session in the Salt Lake temple. It was really neat because I had never done a live session before. I loved it. Then we went to their reception after a brief stop at Old Navy because all of their jeans were on sale for $12! Emily and Kyle's reception rocked. It was full of personal touches, like the section where their guests could play guitar hero! Then after the reception we hit the road up to Idaho. We made really good time. It went really fast because we were talking the whole way. Eli is fun to talk to. We had such a good time there. On Sunday we had breakfast with his mom, sister, and niece. Then we went to church. It was nice to meet everyone who Eli grew up with. Everyone was excited to see him. Then Eli's brother Gabe and his mom put on a picnic up Scout Mountain. It was really nice. Some of the extended family came and it was good to get to meet them. It was the perfect weather and the food was really good. Monday was fun too. We got Taco Spaghetti for lunch with his mom and grandma, we drove up by City Creek, we visited his sister Lisa in the health food store that she runs, we got ice cream, and we went to an arcade. The arcade was really fun. I am proud to say that I got first place on Crusin' USA and won a free game. Even if it was on the easy level, it's still a big accomplishment for me. It was a really fun trip. We got back yesterday and had enough time for a nap before Eli went to work. I unpacked and spent the evening with my friend Ashley who just moved back to Utah after being on her mission in Panama. We also saw Iron Man again last night at the dollar theater with Steve and Brooke and Heidi for Steve's Birthday. So, that's what we've been up to. I just wrote a whole bunch so I am going to go now. Have a great day everyone!
Cherie

1 comment:

Belcheryl said...

You should really try and do more w/ your time....It sounded totally boring...Just kidding, glad you two crazy kids are having fun. We miss you & we lovies you too!!!