Monday, November 10, 2008

Catching Up and Gratitude

It's been a while. I feel like all of my posts start the same way, not much new, just school and work. But basically, that's all it is. We had a good Halloween and are excited that Thanksgiving is almost here! We get to go to Idaho on Tuesday to visit Eli's mom, grandma, sister, brother, niece, and other family for a couple of days! I'm excited for that! We'll come back on Thanksgiving Day, but Eli has to work. But I get to go to Kurt's sisters and her fiance's for Thanksgiving and Cindy and Kurt will be there. Then on Friday we'll have another Thanksgiving with Eli's dad and step-mom and I get to help make it and Cindy and Kurt will come to that one too and Eli will get to be there. What a nice Thanksgiving week! I do have a couple of papers due before that, so that will give me something to work on until then. Eli's been working hard, as always. He has a physics test to take tomorrow morning. He did really well on his practice M-Cat. He got a 24 without even studying, so I know that once he takes the prep course, his score will be sky-high. He is a genius though, so I shouldn't be suprised. Cindy's birthday was this weekend. It was fun. We had a good time. She gets to see what the sex of her baby. I'm vehematley predicting a girl. I can't wait to have that little baby around to play with. Maybe it will postpone some of my own baby fever that I only get at church when I see all of the cute couples with their cute tiny babies. Sigh. I still have to graduate! I really only get that way at church, so don't think I'm wanting a baby immediately. Eli and I have so much fun together, it's hard to think of drastically changing our way of life yet. But, someday! Anyway, I will follow Annie's lead and say some things that I'm grateful for, although in one post, not a lot of different ones. (these are in no particular order)
1. Being married to Eli. He's the best and it's so much fun and I'm learning so much. Marriage is the best way to learn how to love, serve, sacrifice, forgive, repent, and gain patience. I don't think there's anything better than being married.
2. My family (old and new). I'm so grateful for my parents, for my sisters, brother, and all my in-laws, my cousins, grandparents, nieces, nephews, and all relatives. It's been really fun getting to be a part of a whole other family and feeling loved and accepted from them too. I love spending time with family! I just wish more of you guys lived closer. The Belcher compound sounds pretty good, although none of us are Belcher's anymore.
3. Being at BYU and graduating soon. I still think the reason I was supposed to be here was to meet Eli, because I'm not as academically motivated as most of my fellow cougars, but BYU is definatley a great university and I am getting a wonderful education.
4. Being a member of the church. I love the gospel so much and it means so much to me that families can be together forever. I am so grateful for the Savior and all that he's done for us, that's a pretty sweeping statement, huh? Being a member of the church has been the greatest blessing of my life and it's led me to places that I never would have been otherwise and it's given me so many wonderful opportunities.
5. Friends! I have so many wonderful friends. Missouri friends have been so great. There are some that I don't get to see very much, but they are still close to me. I know that Laura and Joanna are some of the best friends I will ever have. Their friendship means so much to me. My college friends have been so great to me. Amber, Emily, Janae, Michelle, wow, there are too many to name. My sisters are my friends too. Eli has so many wonderful friends as well. There's nothing better than having a friend that you know you will have for the rest of your life!
6. Having our needs met. Although we are not rolling in money, Eli and I are both blessed with jobs that give us enough money to pay our rent, buy groceries, and pay for other necessities and even sometimes to go out and have fun. We're so grateful for government grants too. We're very lucky to have been able to qualify for them.
7. Our apartment. I think it's so cute and it's such a nice place to call home. It has it's flaws, but it's our own little place and when we move, we will have so many great memories. I know I already do!
8. Good books. Eli and I both love to read (although we read very different things), there's nothing better than reading a good book!
9. All of the new babies in the family! From March to May, there will be three new babies! My sisters Alaina and Cindy are both pregnant, and Eli's sister Kim is pregnant as well. We're really excited for all of the new babies, and two of the three are in Utah!
10. A bright future to look forward to, knowing that there will be hard times, but there will also be so many amazing things. Who knows where we'll end up or how many kids we'll have or what careers we'll have? It's so much fun to do your best and trust in the Lord and see where He takes you.

That's all. Sorry if it was kind of sappy or whatever. Holidays bring it out in me!
I hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Cherie and Eli!

5 comments:

Annie said...

That was a good post cherie. I predict you will have seven kids. If you want to cure your baby hunger though, come to my house. YOu will see what babies grow into,crazy, energetic preschoolers and toddlers, that cry and throw tantrums, pee their pants when they are way too old too, make messes, lots of laundry, lots of kids falling down... lots of work. Of course it is all wonderful. I wish you guys would come and see us for Thanksgiving or Christmas.... just a thought.

~LB said...

I love you cherie belcher. You are my favorite sappy friend. You make me smile and I love that fact that you have so many new babies in your family. There are a couple of girls at work who will be having little ones and I am super excited for Tanya to have hers. She's having a little girl and tanya has to be the cutest prego girl ever. I miss you and I can't wait to see you again!

Sarah and Wes said...

Thanks for sharing all those things you are grateful for. I miss you in Relief Society--and I miss your wonderful lessons! But I'll be you are such a great wife!

Alainarae said...

Aww.. that WAS sappy! But I love it. there should have been an entire section on just being grateful for me and my guidance, but I guess you can't admit that to the world :) i'll let it slide since everything else was so nice!

Sarah and Wes said...

I'm so glad you know that Neil Diamond song!!