Monday, November 24, 2008

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!









I make good, realistic turkey noises. I'm not kidding! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm so happy right now because in 1 1/2 hours, my shift will be done and I will have no more work this week, nor shall I have any classes. I mean, I still have to write a paper before Monday and read a book for class, but the paper is only 8-10 pages and the book is fiction, so I can totally do that! We're really excited for this week. Eli took a physiology test today and he got a 97%! He studied for over 8 hours! I guess it paid off. He was really happy about that. We had a great weekend! Friday night was our ward Thanksgiving dinner. We got there at 4 to set up and get ready (we're on activities committee). It went very smoothly, but making gallons of gravy, stuffing, and mashed potatoes made me really grossed out. I know I'll be over it by Thanksgiving though, because we won't be making things by the gallon and it won't all be from mixes. I won't even tell you what gallons of stuffing look like as you're mixing it together. Saturday was a fun day too. Eli played basketball in the morning with his friends and I went to enrichment and made myself a cute plaque that says Merry Christmas, some ornaments, and some magnets. It was fun! Then I ran errands while Eli studied, then we went to his friend Eric's birthday party/football game watching party. It was harsh. I fell asleep right as things started to go under. Then we went to another birthday party for Eli's old roommate Thomas, it was really fun. He was really surprised. I think that was the first surprise party I've ever been to where we actually were in the dark and yelled out "surprise" and have it work. Sunday was fun because I went to dinner with Cindy and Kurt at Wyndham and Melinda Reeve's house in Eagle Mountain. We picked up Chelsea and Brighton and her husband and little boy came. It was a lot of fun to catch up with everyone and see all the kids. I thought it was weird because, other than Brighton, the other ones were older than me and I never got to hang out with them as peers, but now we're all grown up so it doesn't matter. It was funny.
Tomorrow I have no class, so I'm going to take Eli to class, clean out the car, clean up the house, pack for us, and then pick him up and go up to Idaho. We're excited for the break and a little get-away. I think we might stop in Salt Lake for lunch and to go to the aviary so I can add more birds to my list for my biology class. Tomorrow is four months married for us. Not such a big feat to those of you who count your marriage in years, but still exciting to me!
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Eli's sister finds out tomorrow what she's having (I predict a girl, but that's what I predicted for Cindy) and then Alaina finds out in a few weeks. Here are some pictures from the summer and the last two are from last Thanksgiving at Alaina's. What a spread!!!

3 comments:

thom said...

holy cow! you can blog at work? i want your job! thanks for the surprise party...it was great. i want to hear your turkey noises. :)

Alainarae said...

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the pic of our food from last year, "what a spread!" I'm glad that you put that pic up! I wish you could come up here this year! But have fun! You guys are almost to six months, so I think you might make it!?!
Love yoU!

Ashley said...

You are so busy!