Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving break!  Man, it was hard coming back to school.  Here's how our week went:
Tuesday was Friday class, but my classes got cancelled, so Eli went to class, I cleaned up the house and cleaned out the car then we were on our way to Idaho!  We stopped in Salt Lake (it was our four month anniversary) and went to the Tracy Aviary so I could get more birds for my biology class.  It was so cool and we had a blast looking at all the birds.  Then we ate at a restaurant in the avenues, Su Casa, but it tasted just like our Mexico mexican food, bland and kind of gross.  It made Eli sick.  We rolled into Pocatello at about 5:45.  We went to eat with Eli's mom and we rented Wall-E and watched it.  It was really fun.  We all really loved the movie!  On Wednesday we kind of slept in, then we went to lunch at a really cool Indian restaurant in town, then we went to the store and got groceries, and then we made pizza for dinner and Gabe, Lisa, McKenna, and grandma all came over for dinner.  It was really fun too!  Then we all went to see Mama Mia.  It was a fun movie, very silly, and I love Colin Firth.  But here's a warning: Pierce Brosnan can not sing!!!!  We had fun though.  Then we came back on Thursday, because Eli had to work.
Now our Provo part of the break:
I dropped Eli off at work, there was a line all of the way out of the restaurant!  Then I went to a dinner at Kurt's sister Kristen and her fiance!  It was such a great meal, they made a ton of food.  It was fun to see Cindy and Kurt and AJ.  Then I made noodles, (which didn't turn out well so we didn't eat), a lemon meringue pie (which did turn out well!) a chocolate cake, and banana bread!   Then we took all that stuff over to Gary and Karen's and spent the night.  We got up on Friday and Kimmy and Rustin were there.  He's such a cute little guy, he's only 1 1/2!  Karen, Kimmy, and I cooked all day, then we ate at about 3:30.  It was a really good meal.  We had two turkey's and a ham.  Cindy, Kurt, and AJ came as well, which was really fun.  AJ and Rustin had a hard time, both of them are used to being the only child and not having to share, so that was funny to watch.  Eli said they would race each other across the room to get to the toy they both wanted.  After dinner we all went for a walk to feed the ducks at the pond.  Saturday was fun too.  Kimmy, Rory, and Rustin were still there, so we all went bowling, then me and Eli and Kim and Rory saw the movie Four Christmases.  It was all right, more of a dollar theater movie, I think.  So, that was our really fun week!  I loved being able to visit with all of our family for a good amount of time.  We had a really good time in Idaho too, it's so nice to see Eli's mom, Grandma, and siblings.  We always have a good time up there.  But now we're back to school.  I've already written one 11 page paper this week, and Eli has a physics test this week, but I know he'll do well on it.  I'm going to see Batman Friday (finally) at the dollar theater with my friend Ashley, and we had the first Christmas Hour last night with Amber, Janae, Emily and Kyle!  We're all excited for Christmas.  I've got our decorations up, I'll take pictures and put them up once I clean the living room, hopefully tonight!
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Cherie and Eli

3 comments:

Belcheryl said...

Glad you had fun!!! That is a whole lotta turkey for one person to consume in such a short time frame....I hope you don't develope a turkey neck over it.....ha Actually, that would be awesome....

Alainarae said...

cute. sounds fun! wish you had been with me though. and your other cute nephew!

Annie said...

Sounds exhausting. A lot of travel and a lot of turkey make for a lot of tired. You saw more movies in one week than I have seen in two years!I did manage to see Twilight. and I really want to see Australia. That Four Christmas's ads look like its kind of a lame, shallow movie. I'll probably see it next year when it comes to OnDemand.