Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We're all a bunch of Quirks!!

Annie tagged me, so here it goes.
My 10 ONLY quirks (just kidding, I have way less)

1. I wash my hair almost everyday.  I hate having dirty hair.  I hate not being clean.

2. Like Annie, I need to have white noise at night.  I used to have it as a novelty, but now it's a necessity because Eli is a loud breather and an occasional snorer.  I turn the fan on every night, even though our house is a cold one.

3.I can't pay attention in class unless I'm doodling or something.  I don't like school much, and it's hard for me to pay attention unless I doodle.

4. I love to play solitaire on the computer.  Seriously, if the computer is in front of me, I'll play it, but kind of unconsciously, because I can still carry on a conversation whilst playing.  I love solitaire.

5.  Eli says one of my quirks is how I "vehemently defend inanimate objects or things that aren't real."  It makes me really worked up when he makes fun of Harry Potter or jokes about tricks he'll pull on our future kids.  I just don't like him to make fun of stuff he has never taken the time to read!

6. I love to have ice water all day long.  Usually I fill up a bottle with a whole tray of ice so it will last me through the day.  Eli says its silly because it's 90% ice and 10% water, but give it 5 hours and it's perfectly iced water!

7. I've recently discovered a love for beef stroganoff.  I want to make it all the time in my crock-pot.  It's so good!  I don't know why, I guess because we never had stroganoff growing up, so I never got to have it as just a regular food.

8. When I'm in school, I have to have a book to read for fun throughout the semester or I get really stressed out.  It must come from Mom, because if I don't have that escape and release I get too bent out of shape.  It's stupid too because most of my classes are literature classes, but I still need to read on my own.  

9. I love surgery shows and medical shows.  If they're showing a live surgery, you can bet I'm there.  I love that stuff.  I'm really excited that Eli wants to be a surgeon, because I hope someday I'll be able to come and watch them (that's probably against hospital policy).

10.  I love Neil Diamond.  He's the best!  I love his music and his movies (Everyone go rent the Jazz Singer) and he's great in concert!!  Man, do I love Neil Diamond.  I wore my Neil shirt today.  I even love his Christmas c.d.'s even though he's Jewish.  Some might call it an unhealthy obsession, but I think just because I threw a birthday party for him last year doesn't mean I'm obsessed.  Everyone had fun at that party, and it was highly attended too!  Neil Diamond forever.  P.S. I want his new album "Home Before Dark" for Christmas.  Pass it on!

Cherie

That was kind of fun.  I tag Laura and Ashley!

5 comments:

Alainarae said...

I never cared for Stroganoff....

~LB said...

quirks come on Cherie I have no quirks

Annie said...

I too, loved strogonoff when I was a newlywed. I learned how to make it in the crockpot and I made it quite often. Caution, it can cause you to have to buy new clothes.

Emily said...

Weird, I didn't know a lot of those things about you? Well, I did know a lot of them. Anyway, do you try new stroganoff recipes or do you have a favorite?

Belcheryl said...

I don't call it unhealthy, your infatuation w/ "old scary", I call it frightening...That is my least favorite quirk....