Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year Stuff

So, yesterday I started two exercise classes. One is pilates, M/W mornings from 6-7. The other is an actual class for BYU, it's water aerobics and it's lots of fun! I'm really enjoying them both, although it might not have been the smartest thing to have them both on the same day because I am really sore today, but I just have been feeling like I should work out more lately. It's not my new years resolution. Funny thing about New Years Resolutions, Elder Holland gave the devotional today (it was awesome, go to speeches.byu.edu to find it, really, it's probably the best one I've heard here) and he said he wasn't going to speak about new years resolutions because most of us probably made five and have already broken four.
Our first week of school went well, it was really busy though. But we're settled into our classes. Eli's taking Organic Chemistry, Sensation and Perception, Epidemiology, Church History, Speed Reading, and Soccer. I'm taking Literature for Young Adults, Water Aerobics, Modern British Lit, Shakespeare, French 202, and History of Jazz. Eli's also doing a prep course for the MCAT. It's a pretty intensive and time consuming thing, but he's doing really well and it will really help him get a great score. I think he told me that 90% of people who take the program get in the 90th percentile on MCAT scores. So, it's going to be a busy semester. I'll just be reading all the time for class, and Eli will be studying. Methinks this will be our busiest semester. Eli said that the junior year of pre-med is always the busiest because that's when you take the MCAT. He'll do great though, he always does.
Well, that's all for today. We're going to Cindy's tonight. It will be fun. AJ is really funny. He always says, "What about this?" and shows you what he's holding. It's cute!

4 comments:

thom said...

is the pilates class at BYU, if not, where are you taking it from?

Heidi said...

Yuck. I know how "study for the big standardized test" semesters go. Give me a call if you need a buddy. =)

Cindy Feuz said...

Thank you kindly for the recipe. I just printed it up , I'll maybe make it next weekend, cause I just made a meatloaf tonight.
You sound like Grandma when you say, "I like to serve it with ..."
You know how she does that.
So cute.

Annie said...

Sounds like a busy semester. I miss college days and learning new, interesting things. I'm sure Eli will do great on the MCAT. He's a genius. And you are even more of a genius for marrying a genius! Genius!