Monday, March 9, 2009

The Miracle of Life











So, needless to say, the past couple of days have been busy and amazing. Cindy (my sister) had her baby yesterday! 3 weeks early! It was so cool. I took her to the hospital and Kurt (her husband) was able to get there from work about 30 minutes before the c-section. Eli stayed and played with A.J. (her two year old boy) and they had a blast. AJ's first question this morning was "Where's Eli?" The coolest thing about this for me, other than the beautiful baby Lars, and that mom and baby are both healthy and doing well, is that I got to watch the c-section! They opened the blinds to the O.R. and let me watch through a window. I've never seen anything so amazing! they were so fast and I couldn't believe it when the doctor just reached in up to his elbows and pulled him out! How could that baby fit in there? I was crying a lot because it was just so amazing. I'm so grateful that Eli and I get to live out here by them and be a part of this wonderful day. We were not expecting for him to be born at all yesterday. We thought she would just get checked up by the doctor and sent home, but apparently she'd been having contractions all day. It was so cool! I can't wait to have my own kids! Mom is on her way out right now. I have to pick her up at 7:40. I got to hold Lars this morning finally. He is so beautiful and tiny! So, that's whats going on. AJ is asleep on the couch right now. He fell asleep in the car on our way back from wal-mart, which is good because he's not easy to get to take a nap. So, it's been really neat, these past couple of days. I just think the creation of our bodies is so wonderful. I don't see how people could watch childbirth and still say we were not created by a loving Heavenly Father. I just don't understand. If anything will build your testimony about God's love for us, it's seeing a baby being born. It was definitley the most amazing and awesome thing I have ever witnessed. Oh yeah, I also got to see a bunch of Cindy's organs. That was cool!




Cherie

4 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Congratulations on your new nephew!! What an amazing experience for you.

Ronda said...

I am so jealous. I wish I was there too.

Heather said...

I truly agree that childbirth is a miracle. I was also able to witness my nephew being born. I cried too because it was just so amazing. It just gives me chills to think about it.

Brianne said...

Holy cow, Cindy had her baby?! I am WAY out of the loop lol He's a looker though, I bet she was happy you were there to support her and love on him.