Saturday, March 14, 2009

My mother, the car thief!

I just want to put this funny story about Mom up here to publicly embarrass her! Love you, Mom!
So, here's the scenario: Cindy and Kurt have two vehicles. The yellow exterra has the carseats in it and is used for transporting children. The purple sentra is used for Kurt driving to work. So, before Cindy came home from the hospital, Kurt had the morning off (This was on Tuesday). Kurt got up and took AJ over to the hospital and mom came later in the sentra by herself. After awhile, Mom took aj home for lunch in the exterra and left Kurt the sentra. I was at their apartment with mom at around 5, and we were talking when Mom got a phone call from Kurt. He informed her that she didn't drive their car to the hospital. Turns out, there's an identical black sentra that shares their parking lot. It had snowed the night before, so Mom didn't even notice it was black and not purple. The strange thing though, is that Kurt's keys worked on someone elses car! Scary. So mom filled up the wrong car with gas and left it sitting at the hospital all day! Kurt came home, and luckily didn't get pulled over by any cops for driving a stolen car. Mom was mortified. Kurt showed mom where he thought the owner of the car lived. Mom went over and told the girl what happened. She was totally fine with it. She said she never even drives it because it always overheats. She even offered to pay mom back for the gas. Mom said to keep it. I think it was hush money. Anyway, it was a really funny situation and I love to hear that my mom stole a car. For those of you who know my mom, that is a very very funny thing.
Have a good weekend!
Cherie and Eli

3 comments:

sagebrushandbuttercups said...

This will be a great story for Lars. "When you were born, Grandma was so excited to see you she stole a car to get to the hospital!!!"
So happy for all that baby Lars and Grandma are there. What a wonderful time!

Ashley said...

This is hilarious! I can't wait to tell my parents!!!!

Annie said...

THat is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! I can't wait to tease mom about this!