Thursday, January 6, 2011

30 Weeks!

I am so excited to announce that we are ¾ of the way done with this pregnancy. We have only 10 weeks to go (hopefully I won't go late) to see our little Caroline! We are so excited! It seems like it is coming up soon, but then I remember that we have all of January and February, and then half of March to go through. But, that's all just a drop in the bucket.
I know all of the pregnancy books and moms say not to try to idealize or fantasize about how wonderful motherhood is because it is a lot harder and frustrating than it seems, and you are just setting yourself up for disappointment, but I can't help it. I can't think of anything better than having our little baby all the time. I can't wait to feed her, bathe her, put her to bed, and get up with her. I can't wait to see her taking naps with Eli and watching him interact with her. I can't wait to be the mom I've always wanted to be. I just see myself taking care of the household, playing with my baby, and being so happy. I am 100% sure that Eli is going to be the best dad ever, and I am so excited for us to be expanding our family. I know this is cheesy, but being a stay at home mom is what I've always dreamed of and now it's almost here. Okay, maybe I will be working some, but still, I'm so close!
In other news Eli goes to Portland next week for an interview at the medical school there. I think he leaves on Monday. His trips always sneak up on me, and even though he's only gone overnight, it seems so long and empty when he's gone. But I think we'll start hearing back from more schools soon, now that Christmas break is over. We'll keep you posted. We're so grateful that he is accepted at Louisville, because even if every other school tells him no, we still have a great school in a wonderful place to go to! I get really excited when I think about living in Louisville! I never thought I would live there, but I've only heard great things about it, so I am really excited.
Well, we'll keep you posted on our little mover Caroline. She's a really sweet baby. She's pretty easy on her mom. I feel really lucky. Other than getting tired easier, I really don't have any complaints. So far I haven't swelled up, or had terrible back pain (well, I did for a while earlier, but it's gone now), or a lot of the other complaints. I'm within the normal range of weight gain (but who knows how much I'll pack on in the next 10 weeks!) and I can still button my jeans! But, I am carrying her pretty high, so that probably helps. I still wear my jeans, I just put a rubber band through the button-hole to make them more comfortable when I sit down. I've really enjoyed being pregnant and it makes me excited for the labor and delivery of our little sweetie! Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

You know what Cherie? You go right ahead and be excited for motherhood!!! Sure it's hard and frustrating sometimes, but as long as you already know that, it's okay to be super excited! Motherhood is everything I hoped for--I love it! I'm a stay-at-home mom, and I wouldn't want anything else. Don't let anyone tell you not to get your hopes up or you'll be disappointed. So excited for you! And I can't believe you can still button your jeans! WOW!

Alainarae said...

Any books that tell you not to get your hopes up are wrong- being a mommy is better than I ever imagined... There is nothing like it. And if she is a croupy baby that cries a lot, it doesn't matter- you'll be the perfect mom for her(and I'll teach you my infant massage techniques to help with any of that)! I'm so jealous that you are still wearing normal jeans with a rubber band- I could only do that the first trimester each time! Way to go!

Annie said...

You shouldn't tell people you can still wear your jeans because that will make them hate you... :) I am very jealous of that btw. But, congratulations to you ! You will be better able to take care of a baby, since you haven't gained a ton of weight, I think your recovery will be pretty quick and easy too. Yea!!! That means, you'll be able to play with me sooner and more... well, I really mean.. Caroline! I AM SOOO EXCITED TO BE AN AUNTIE To HER! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!

mk said...

Oh, those books are silly. Yes, there are harder days, but it's not that big of a deal when it's YOUR baby because you just love them so much! I love being a mommy and I'm so excited for you! You are going to be such an awesome mother. Enjoy these last few weeks of being pregnant!

brittany said...

I agree with everyone else. Motherhood is all I fantasized it would be and MORE. All I ever wanted to be was a stay at home mom, and I have yet to be disappointed by that dream.

ps I hate you for not swelling. I started swelling week one and didn't stop until about two weeks after he was born. Count your lucky stars.