Thursday, January 20, 2011

Update on the Baby at 32 weeks

We went to the doctor for a checkup on Tuesday. Everything is good. My blood pressure and weight gain are good. Her head is down and she is right on track size-wise. Not much else to report but I am very happy that everything is looking good. I pray that it continues being that way. Now, we go every two weeks, just twice though. Then it's every week! I can't believe it. It seems like the end is coming up so quickly but so slowly at the same time.
I've been feeling pretty good. My only complaints are that I am very tired, but I can never seem to sleep more than 3 hours at a time. It's like clockwork, every three hours I get up and go to the bathroom, then I roll to my other side and go back to sleep. I don't feel very rested anymore. Oh well, I guess it's good preparation for when she's here and I'll be getting up to feed her all night. Last night I noticed that when I lay on my right side the outside of my legs and hips start to get really sore. In fact, it is still sore today. Has anyone else experienced that before? So, now I lay on my left side mostly, but then my left shoulder gets sore. I still have 8 weeks to go, I can't imagine how it will get even MORE uncomfortable. It doesn't matter though, I'll do it for Caroline. I'm so excited!
We are going to a birthing class on Feb. 5th. That should be fun, I guess. I've never seen a birth at all, so I guess we'll see if I can handle it. I'm actually looking forward to it. I like surgeries and stuff, I wonder why I haven't just googled one before. Maybe I'll put my own up on youtube. Just kidding. I don't want my stuff all over the internet.
In other news we made a really yummy soup last night. It's a spicy chili tortellini soup. I like it a lot. I don't have the recipe on me right now, but it's not the kind with meat in it. It's got jalepenos, pablanos, red peppers, potatoes, onions, garlic, and tortellini. It's delicious. Tonight we're having a southwest salad with beans and avocado and lots of veggies in it. It also has broken up fritos on top. I know even though Eli mocks the health stuff, it's making an impression on him. He requests green smoothies. And, when I asked him what are some things he'd like for dinner this week, he asked for this salad. Although, even before I started all this, sometimes we would just have a big hearty salad for dinner, so I guess I can't claim this as my own victory. Oh well. I'm really glad that Eli is so obliging and just goes along with whatever I come up with. I guess he figures if someone is going to cook for him, he's not going to complain. What a great guy!!
On our docket for the weekend is going to the temple Friday night, and dinner and a movie with friends on Saturday night.
Have a great day everyone!Cherie, Eli, and Caroline

4 comments:

Alainarae said...

cute new blog background. I'm so excited, the end is in sight, but the last month or so does drag on and on and on!

Oh how I don't miss being uncomfortable like that at night, but once she is here, even though you will be up in the night with her, you will sleep so much better since you won't be uncomfortable, so that's something to look forward to!

That soup sounds awesome, please email me the recipe! And the salad,too! Love you, I wish you would take some belly pics. Seriously, you should find a pretty place to pose and have Cindy take some pictures of you. I wish I had done that. Just make them black and white, and voila! A keepsake... but be sure and post them on the blog, please! Love you!

Mulhollands said...

Hey Cherie,

I was super uncomfortable those last weeks at night. I would try to sleep on my side but every time I would move I would get sharp excruciating pains all over. Just know that it will go away after the baby's born. You look super cute. Congrats again!

Ashley said...

Um, I don't appreciate you talking about food and recipe immediately after you discuss watching a birth!!! lol.. doesn't really get your appetite going you know?

Annie said...

Cherie, I had the same pain in my legs. It was almost like my legs would go numb... it goes away. Maybe go to the chiropractor, they can help a ton. I had restless legs syndrome with PHoebe. That is the worse!!! I hope you don't get that. You look great.