Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun Weekend

Eli and I had such a nice weekend. We originally wanted to drive up to Idaho to help his Grandma do some stuff, but we heard reports of bad weather and decided to play it safe. We've gotta be extra careful driving now. I'm sad that we didn't get to go up there and do the things we were planning on doing or see his mom, grandma, sister, and niece. That would have been fun. We're so sorry we missed all of you. But we did end up having a very nice weekend at home.
Friday night Eli made spaghetti for dinner (delicious) and then we went to Babies R' Us to register, which was a lot of fun! It's hard, because you probably only really NEED about half the stuff on the “necessities list”they give you, but you end up wanting your baby to have everything! I understand how parents can end up amassing so much stuff for their kids, you just want your kids to have everything! Good thing we're going to be really poor for a long time and our kids won't get spoiled (at least by us, I can't speak for grandparents!). But it is scary how much money you could spend. You could easily go into that store and drop $500. YIKES! The stuff is so cute though. Especially the girl stuff! I was really excited when I thought the baby was a boy, but once I found out she's a girl, man, I got really really excited. And I still do when I go to the store and see all of the cute girl stuff, dresses, shoes, hair bows, etc! Not that I don't love little boys, and I probably will have a boy someday, but for now I'm so excited to dress up my Caroline!
Saturday was our really fun day. We slept in! That in and of itself was the best. To not have an alarm go off at 6:30 was heaven! Then we had a lazy morning. Then we cleaned our room, did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, made our grocery list, and went to the store. We even planned out our meals for the week. After the store, I took a nap, then we went to dinner at WingShak with Eli's dad and brother. Then, Eli, Josh (Eli's brother) and I went to Salt Lake to see a comedy show. It was the group Left Field. They are mostly former BYU students who do stand-up. It was really fun! I'd never been to a comedy show and it was a blast. Those guys were really fun! One of them used to be in our singles ward and another one is the guy from the BYU library commercial that's like the Old Spice commercial. It was a blast. And they were filming that show, so if anyone buys their DVD, look for us in the audience!
Sunday we went to church. We really love working in the nursery. It's so funny to me that all the kids gravitate naturally to Eli. They always want him to play with them and during singing time they all want to sit in his lap. There was one little girl who was there for her first time and she would bring every toy to him to see and kept giving him hugs! It was so cute. Then after church I slept all afternoon (did I mention the comedy show didn't get out until 11:30 p.m. And we now have church at 9 a.m.?). Then our neighbors had a birthday party for their one year old. But it wasn't just any party. They are from India and for them turning 1 is a huge deal! So, the party was at this Indian restaurant and it was a blast! There were a lot of people, a lot of food, and a lot of fun. They had a magician, a Lohri fire, dancing and singing (of course we participated), and authentic Indian food. Eli was in heaven because he loves Indian food. It's an acquired taste for me, I never had it until I was 21, but I liked the food last night more than I've ever liked Indian food. We were there until 10 though, so I will be taking another nap today.
I feel like my life is now in periods of waking and sleeping. Even at night I sleep for a few hours, then I have to get up and go to the bathroom, then I go back to sleep and then get up again to go to the bathroom. Then I go to work, come home, and sleep. I've found that I have to take a nap when I come home in the early afternoon. If I don't, I just fall asleep at 5 or 6, and I don't make dinner. So, I'm going to be really productive this week and plan my naps for early afternoon so I can have energy to cook our dinner. Not that Eli doesn't help and make dinner if I don't. He does. I just do really enjoy making dinner for us and I have a wider range of meals that I make.
We go to the doctor tomorrow for a check up. After that, it's every two weeks, then after two of those, it goes to every week! It's coming up soon!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

wow! For you to say all you feel like doing is sleeping and eating or what not, it seems like you've been doing a lot!! :)