Friday, February 11, 2011

Jazz V. Thunder

I forgot to write about this earlier, when I fell down, it blocked everything else out of my mind with worry. But, Eli and I went to the Jazz game on Saturday and it was so much fun!
In addition to candy, Eli's other love is sports. Basketball in particular. He could watch basketball all day if he let himself. Luckily, Eli has amazing self-control and knows when it is appropriate and when it is not appropriate. But, you could ask him any question about any player or any team or coach EVER and he would be able to tell you about it. I think that is why he'll make a great doctor. He has amazing retention skills. So, one of his favorite up and coming teams is the Oklahoma City Thunder. He thinks they have some great players and are great to watch. His mom got him the perfect Christmas present. Two tickets to Jazz v. Thunder. And these weren't just any tickets. They were six rows back from half-court! We were so close, it was amazing!

The whole day Saturday was great. First we went to our prenatal/birthing class from 10-3. It was great! We learned a lot and it really calmed me down about giving birth. The birthing videos even made me tear up. Then we drove up to Salt Lake. We ate dinner at this great place called The Red Iguana. It was so good. I think it might be our new favorite Mexican Restaurant. Very very very delicious. It was a fun dinner. And we got there kind of early for dinner, which was perfect because by the time we left there was a really long line to wait to eat. Then we parked, and walked around the Gateway. I dragged Eli into Banana Republic because I love that store and just wanted to look around. He surprised me by letting me pick out a less expensive shirt. They were having a 25% off everything sale, so I got a really cute shirt for the summer. It's motivation. It's a medium. I know I can fit into it after I have the baby!
After that we went over to the arena. I had never been there before. It is really big! Our seats were awesome. We got there early enough to see the teams warm up and everything. I can't believe how big these players are! Some of them were 6'11'' or 7'. It was amazing to see them in person. Kevin Durant is so tall, but has some of the skinniest bird legs I've ever seen. And I know Eli could give you a more in-depth technical evaluation of how the game was played and what kind of offense and defense was utilized by the teams, but I was blown away at how fast they were at making plays and passing and the like. It was pretty great. The Thunder won. Eli was happy. We had so much fun and it was awesome! Thank you so much for those great tickets Mom Hammond!Sadly, we don't have any pictures. We assumed, like all stadiums, that you cannot bring a camera, so we didn't even try to. But we saw other people with cameras and then we kicked ourselves. Or I guess if either of us had an iPhone or something with a good quality camera we could have some pictures. Oh well, we'll have the memories. It was a great way to spend our Saturday night!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a great fun night! Was that Jerry Sloan's last game? You made history!