Friday, February 4, 2011

We have had a fun week so far, and the weekend will only get better!

Tuesday was Eli's grandma's birthday. She turned 88. So, I was able to get Wednesday off work and we drove up on Tuesday after work. It was a fun trip. We went to dinner at a really delicious Italian restaurant with his Mom and Grandma, got to visit a lot, and take grandma on some errands. We really enjoyed visiting them and it's probably the last time for a while that I'll be able to travel. And now I don't want to get too far from my doctor or the hospital. I'm now 34 weeks. I can't believe there are only 6 weeks left!!!!

On our way back from Idaho we stopped by Annie's house and played with the kids and had dinner with them and Cindy and Kurt. Annie also had a bunch of baby girl clothes so we went through it and I took a TON home! I'm so lucky to have all these older sisters who are so generous, otherwise Caroline would be wearing the same 5 outfits over and over. The clothes are so cute and it's fun to remember when Lia Belle or Phoebe was wearing them.

Yesterday we went to the temple and did our grocery shopping. I like it when Eli comes on errands with me. He usually gets to pick out a treat for coming, but have any of you guys ever seen Eli try to decide on what kind of candy to get? It's hilarious/infuriating. You may not know this, but Eli loves candy! Also, he is a perfectionist and always wants to make sure he makes the right decision. His dad said that when he was a little boy and they would stop at gas stations on road trips, the kids were allowed to pick out a candy. Well, they always had to set a time limit for Eli because otherwise he would take hours to pick one out. I remember a few weeks ago we had to run to Walgreens to get something or other. They were having a sale on candy, especially the new peanut butter snickers. Eli was wondering if we should buy some. We're trying to not spend money on stuff we don't need, so I told him he could get it if he wanted to, because he's an adult and can make his own decisions, but we don't need it, especially because we got a whole bunch of candy for Christmas. So, we didn't buy the snickers, but for three days he kept lamenting that we should have got that snickers. Eli is a funny man and he makes me laugh a lot. So, the point of the story is he got some candy yesterday. That is all.

Tonight we are having some friends over for dinner and a movie or game. Tomorrow we have our birthing class, then we get to go to the Jazz v. Oklahoma City Thunder game. Eli's mom got him really awesome tickets for Christmas and we are so excited! My excitement certainly pales in comparison to Eli's. He cannot wait! He really likes the Thunder. I just like going on dates with Eli. It's going to be a fun night! I think we'll even eat dinner in Salt Lake. Eli said I get to choose the restaurant. Any suggestions?

Anyone who is interested is invited to watch the super bowl with us on Sunday. We have the house to ourselves and are planning on making some yummy dips and snacks. We realize that most of our friends around here have family they'll be going to, but if you don't have plans, consider this your invitation to come watch it with us. Give us a call if you're interested!

3 comments:

Emily said...

You could try the "Tin Angel Cafe," right off the freeway on 4th south. I use to always see it when I'd get of the exit and thought it looked like a cool place. I finally tried it over Christmas break, and it was really good. The lunch menu had soup, salad, sandwiches and pasta, probably the dinner menu's similar? I got this mushroom, pear, gorgonzola cheese soup that changed my life

Ronda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronda said...

Thats what my dad is like! He takes hours to pick things out! Mom says I inherited that trait. Do you think so?