Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day

Eli and I had a great Valentines Day, mostly to his credit. He is very thoughtful and gives the best presents!
We celebrated on Saturday. Eli has a new job (yay!) but the training is 5 weeks long and from 12:30-9:30 every night, M-F. I work from 7:30 A.M.- about 1 M-F, so that means we'll only see each other in the mornings when he takes me to work, briefly at night when he gets home (if I'm not asleep already) and on the weekends. So, celebrating on Monday was out of the question. Saturday was so nice though. I didn't have to work so we slept in (okay, sleeping in now is till about 8:30) and started our day. While I took a long shower and fixed my hair and makeup Eli went out and got me donuts and strawberries for breakfast. We don't eat donuts very often, but I've had a hankering for them lately. He gave me my present too. He got me some beautiful flowers and a gift certificate to get my nails done! I love getting my nails done, with the french tips, but it's expensive so I only do it for special occasions (prom and wedding). I'm really excited. I think I'll go next week, so they can be nice for my baby shower, and hopefully they'll last until the baby is born. I don't know why but I really want to look as nice as I can when she comes. Is that weird? Not that I expect to look perfectly put together whilst I'm in labor, but I do want to have my nails and toenails painted nicely and hopefully have shaved legs. Probably I won't care about any of that stuff when I actually have her, but did any of you moms feel like that?
We went to see the move Gulliver's Travels at the dollar theater after lunch. It was pretty good, a good dollar movie, but it did make us laugh. Then Eli made me dinner. He always makes me dinner for Valentines Day, and it's always something fun and delicious. This year he made chinese cabbage salad, homemade egg rolls (so good!) and rice. It was a really good meal and we had a good time!
I gave Eli Elder Hales new book and a bunch a candy. I hope he liked it, he's already reading the book, so I'll assume he does like it. That was our Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Alainarae said...

You guys are so stinking cute. I am so jealous that Eli makes you food... Aaaah...maybe when we are empty nesters and retired, Roland will cook for me.

I think that's great you are getting your nails done...You might have to get them filled and filed down a little before she comes. But I will warn you- Acrylic nails are a magnet for baby poo. It gets stuck way down in there and is hard to get out. Especially if they have a blow out! but I say, go for it, look great in the pictures, and see how bad of a little pooper she is!

She'll probably never have a blow out and be a perfect little princess. (Or Not!)

I totally always thought I would have my hair done and makeup on, but when Milo was born, I forgot to wear waterproof mascara, and I was in the birthing tub, and looked like a raccoon when he was born! Oh well, you'll look beautiful, no doubt!