Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quarter of a Century

I had a great birthday! I was very spoiled by Eli and my family. Here's how my day went:
I got up and went to work. It's true, I had to work all day on Saturday, but it was fine because I was getting nice calls from family and friends all day (thanks!) and they let me go home early. So, Eli picked me up from work and gave me my presents. He gave me a gift card to Down East Basics (one of my favorite stores), and then as we were supposedly driving home, he went a different way. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but we ended up walking into a massage place. He had gotten me an hour long pregnancy massage! We were stopping by so I could make the appointment. I was so excited. I'm going Wednesday evening, so I can get completely relaxed before bed. I can't wait! It will feel so good! Eli has really spoiled me this Valentines/Birthday week. He said he wanted to make sure to spoil me now because he won't be able to for the next few years, with the baby and medical school we will have no money. I really appreciate all that he's done. I get to get my nails done, get a massage, and get some new clothes when I have the baby. He really listened to me when I would mention things that I wanted and went out and surprised me with them. He is the best!
Eli's parents gave me a really pretty necklace/earring/bracelet set and a good quality thermometer for the baby/family. I also got to go out to eat on Friday night with my sisters Annie and Cindy at Olive Garden. It was delicious. We felt bad that we weren't with all the cousins though. Maybe next time!
We had a family dinner at home when I got home from work on my birthday. Eli's uncle was in town. Then we all went to see Unknown at the movie theater. It was pretty good. It was more like The Bourne Idenity than Taken, but I liked it. It had an interesting plot twist that I did not expect.
Eli and I got to the movie first to get tickets for everyone, so we had some time to kill. I walked over to Down East, just to see what I might want to plan to get with my gift card, only to find that all of their sale things were 50% off the sale price. I got a really cute cardigan, belt, and bracelet for $20! Eli told me to save the gift card because it was such a good deal! I was so excited! I am trying to make an effort to be more fashionable, by building quality pieces, as Stacey and Clinton would say. I did wear my cardigan, unbuttoned of course, with the belt on the outside, to church on Sunday. I got lots of compliments and I realized it is really fun to dress nice and feel good about yourself!
In Caroline news she is doing great! 3 weeks till the due date! She is definitely stretching my stomach as far as it can go. I think she's dropped a bit. She still likes to move around a lot, but she hasn't been getting the hiccups as much as she used to. It used to be she would have the hiccups everyday like clockwork at 10:30 p.m. But, it's been a few days. I wonder if she's gotten better at swallowing in there. We were given a beautiful blessing gown for her yesterday. And I mean, the most beautiful dress you've ever seen! We are planning on blessing her on May 1st. We're hoping that she comes early, but not until after Saturday. My baby shower is on Saturday and my sisters and friends and family have worked really hard on it and I would hate to have to cancel it. So, she's welcome to come any time after Saturday. That's the update for now. We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

brittany said...

Eli gets major points for the massage. Holy cow they are AMAZING. You enjoy it!

Cindy said...

Happy late birthday! I didn't know you had a blog either but I will definitely be stalking you now :) Congrats on the baby!!

Alainarae said...

Sorry I didn't call you on your birthday?! I think I talked to you, though, but I'm glad Eli took such good care of you, what a good guy!

I can't wait for pictures of the baby shower, and I can't wait for pictures of Caroline!!! Don't count on her coming early, enjoy your last few weeks as a family of two- plus, their lungs really develop the last couple of weeks, so she needs to cook as long as possible until her due date! Great job! I know how exciting it can be to think about wearing non-maternity clothes, but don't worry about it too much right away- it will either get puked on or pooped on! So wear Eli's old basketball shirts or something the first few weeks around the house :)

Emily said...

Sounds like a great birthday! I'm so excited for Caroline. When do you guys make a decision on med school?